Just a question (1 Viewer)

shoutoutloud

HSC
Well, for most of us it is or nearly the last week of school.
this afternoon i have been organising myself and have notived that i am rather un-organised. Is any one else in the same boat?
I am finding that most of my sheets, etc are not in any order and not really even in a folder.
I guess if any one in year 11 reads this STAY ORGANISED.

Any tips 08 HSC'ers for us?

thanks

shady145

Banned
HSC
yea paper everywhere... no order, i just made a big pile, i dnt think i'm going to use them, ill just past paper it and essay q's with some text book reading.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yeah stay organised and keep track of everything!

I lost my modern book and my english paper 2 trial essays. It's such an inconvenience :burn:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
A few students at my school has lost there books...
*their

And yeah, seriously you don't want to lose your books/exams. I thought i left them on my study table at home but apparently not...

Oh and it'd also be a good idea to start/finish things early instead of leaving them to the last minute.

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Yeah i've found the same thing, i'm pretty un-organised, i have crap everywhere, especially since trials.

I've been contemplating sorting through my room and trying to get back to some level of organisation, but i just really don't think i have the time. It's too far gone. I might just make do with what i've got.

And i definitely second the advice to year 11's, make sure you file and sort everything as you go along, makes life so much easier!!

rokkuguhyo

HSC
After the trials, I just chucked all my notes, books, sheets, etc. in a corner of my room. I would clean it up, but I feel like giving up on life just looking at the massive, messy pile.

hairspray

HSC
Well it varies for subjects. For Business Studies and English Adv everything is perefect, in folders and easy to find and access specific info. Whereas economics and legal studies are a nightmare... im still compiling newspaper clippings and there are random notes on the RBA and Monetary Policy scattered everywhere in my room.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I'm very unorganised. Sheets are everywhere and it takes at least 5 mins to search for one lol.
Maybe I should start getting organised

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Oh my God my room's a mess. I can't even find my tutor notes :(

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Honestly my room was a cesspit throughout the HSC; paper, books, empty minty wrappers and half finished cups of tea everywhere. Funny thing was that when i decided i had to clean it all up and be all 'super organised student' there was just so much shit to sort through that it triggered my stress and i just started freaking out and got really angry.

I'm the kind of person that needs to have my stuff all over the place when im studying or doing assignments, i dunno i think it helps me to stay in the zone reminds me that this area is for doing proper work, that its not just another part of the house. If my desk is all clean and organised i can never seem to get anything done and if i do its usually crap.

So i dunno, if you haven't been 'typically' organised up until this point and thats working for you, don't feel like you need to turn your room into a sterile filing room just because it's the HSC. Everyone studies differently and to be honest its a bit late to be changing study habits. Mind if your room is a mess and its not working for you, then you might want to think about getting your shit together.

EDIT: I still had a kind of filing system with a couple of those those fold out cases things, which i think is important, im just saying that you shouldn't feel pressured to have everything in absolute perfect alphabetical order all the time.

Last edited:

shoutoutloud

HSC
So i dunno, if you haven't been 'typically' organised up until this point and thats working for you, don't feel like you need to turn your room into a sterile filing room just because it's the HSC. Everyone studies differently and to be honest its a bit late to be changing study habits. Mind if your room is a mess and its not working for you, then you might want to think about getting your shit together.
Some good advice :)
thanks may-cat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)