just did couple past papers and i got 2/24 for questions 9 and 10 (1 Viewer)

bakerlog

HSC
anyone else finding this problem?

i swear we never learnt anything like this in class

no chance of me learning now so if the paper tomorrow follows the same trend i doubt ill even attempt questions 9 and 10 and try to maximise marks elsewhere.

Just-nick

HSC
as a general rule i think they usualy make the last questions about 3unit standard to test the 3u kids doing the test, just like the 3u paper ends at 4u standard.

this isnt to say that 2u kids cant do it, you have learnt the stuff you nead, but its just alot more complicated than usual

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Q9 and Q10 often involve a fair bit of thinking:

Here is a few hints:

Draw diagrams with all the information.
If something wants you show there is no solution or something, do it graphically it is often quicker then doing it algebraically.
If there is a Show that w=f(x) and you cant do it, pick up w=f(x) and use it in the next part.

bakerlog

HSC
bloodysunday said:
what sort of questions were there?
questions 9 and 10 of 2003 paper for example.

looking at the solutions i guess i know how to do them... but im honestly just dumb founded by these questions.

KungPow

HSC
Especially when you have to work with stupidly-long equations.

smallcattle

HSC
but in the exams there is just not enough time to think about the hard questions..

often i can work out the q10, but that will take me like 30 min or so just to figure out one question..

bakerlog

HSC
alright thanks for the input. at least i know im not the only one in the boat so that helps. im only over a pass with assessment so i guess i should be pretty happy with managing the first 8 questions.

Just-nick

HSC
bakerlog said:
questions 9 and 10 of 2003 paper for example.

looking at the solutions i guess i know how to do them... but im honestly just dumb founded by these questions.
2003 was a hard test i hear, i know 3u people who say that they found the the end of that test mind boggeling, there is a 2 marker there thats like one and a half pages of working

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes there is. Q9 and Q10 are suppose to differentiate between the top of the candidature not between the rest.

bakerlog

HSC
alright goodo. well im fairly relaxed, as i dont expect too much, so bring it on.

goodluck peoples.

Just-nick

HSC
Taj Burrow said:
hahaha 2/24 thats incredibly bad man
heh i was about to say, "if i was a mod here i would have banned you ages ago," but it seems i was too late

adrianp

im hoping to be able to get most questions up to 8 and scrape a pass.. then once ive looked at those and cant do anymore im gonna try scab a few marks from the last two questions ah shit.. i hate maths exams :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)