Just had my first English Assessment Task for the year... (1 Viewer)

V I Z E

HSC
N/A
Hey all,

So I just had my first English assessment task for the year, and it was a listening task about Belonging. We had to watch this film (repeated, so played twice in total) and then hence proceed to answer questions.

I'm feeling unsure whether I did well or not. It was OKAY... although I have doubts.

I actually did this: every question I came across I'd underline the "How, What, Describe, Explain" part and also underlined what was being asked, for example, "What made the cat go wild"? I actually underlined "what" and the "go wild" part and then dissected the question (quickly so I didn't waste time) and tried to interpret it in my own words.

There were also 2 extended response questions, and guess what? Did the exact same thing. Just underlined parts of the question and then dismembered it to my understanding.

Was I going out of control or is this a normal thing to do in an exam? Also, is this a good method to tackle questions in ANY subject examination?

Cheers.

Kymren

HSC
As long as you think you covered everything and included enough content, it should be fine.
You can never be too carful in English, just be conscious of the time you are allowing to deconstruct the question.

britaker

HSC
The most important thing about English is that you answer the question. Did you link it back to belonging? Did you support your argument with analysis? Are you familiar with the BOS verb glossary? Nah I don't think you were going out of control, with the wordier questions it's good to highlight, underline, etc. Any subject examination I'm not too sure (I don't do any humanities for example), however I'm assuming it's a good place to start?

enoilgam

HSC
Was I going out of control or is this a normal thing to do in an exam? Also, is this a good method to tackle questions in ANY subject examination?

Cheers.
It depends, if it works for you then go for it (obviously, your results should demonstrate whether or not it was effective). Personally, I never underlined or highlighted questions - I dont mean to sound arrogant, but I could pretty much figure out what a question was asking via reading.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It is normal to feel uncertain about how well you went, at the end of the day, as long as you answered the question and you have given it your best shot, that is all anyone can ask of you-don't be too worried:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)