Just over one week left till 2013ers start their second term..... (1 Viewer)

mac1996

HSC
It all depends on the person. I know some people that would pull 99 with 2 weeks of study before HSC and others that wouldn't get 99 despite a whole year of effort. Try to not focus on others (I know this is incredibly hard to do) but just try and swim your own race and whatever happens happens. Good luck
How does that work though?

iBibah

HSC
Wow, the posts on this thread make me feel a whole lot better... I was actually starting to worry a lot..
But as far as studying these holidays, I've done a fair bit but definately not as much as I wanted too. I just need a break and then I'll really buckle down as soon as school goes back, like I tend to do.
I read and annotated all my Adv English poems though, yay for me. :) And now I'm studying for maths..
You should still worry, because the people who are not posting here are studying a lot, and they will destroy you when the hsc comes around.

mac1996

HSC
You should still worry, because the people who are not posting here are studying a lot, and they will destroy you when the hsc comes around.
There are 1466 views on this thread, think about how many people that don't post.

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
So many nights in year 12 I can on 6 hours sleep or less, I did 3 hours once, was falling asleep on the bus..
Get ATLEAST 7 hours sleep, 11pm lights off. You will cherish every extra hour of sleep you get. Eat well, if your stomach is happy and your not exhausted, those are the best things to help you do well. You will learn more and be much more focused.

MiPh

HSC
Only because you've mentioned it. It's been a while since my last post anyway. There will always be ghosts hovering over these threads like myself. But hey, pulling a 90+ out of nowhere is entirely believable. Crammed *every morning* for *every exam*. Don't do it. It truly fucks with your mind and ends in pretty explosive emotional breakdowns. HSC. Have fun kids. I sure as hell hated it more than anything I could ever have imagined.

But... I suppose you want decent advice. There is no substitute for hard work. And hard work ye shall be putting in, and accomplish all of your dreams. But if your dreams is getting into law/med, you really gotta lighten up and have better dreams, like of fairys, unicorns and rainbows.

Actually, this is the ravings and rantings of some guy who is still an insomniac from the hell that was the HSC. Good luck.

mac1996

HSC
Only because you've mentioned it. It's been a while since my last post anyway. There will always be ghosts hovering over these threads like myself. But hey, pulling a 90+ out of nowhere is entirely believable. Crammed *every morning* for *every exam*. Don't do it. It truly fucks with your mind and ends in pretty explosive emotional breakdowns. HSC. Have fun kids. I sure as hell hated it more than anything I could ever have imagined.

But... I suppose you want decent advice. There is no substitute for hard work. And hard work ye shall be putting in, and accomplish all of your dreams. But if your dreams is getting into law/med, you really gotta lighten up and have better dreams, like of fairys, unicorns and rainbows.

Actually, this is the ravings and rantings of some guy who is still an insomniac from the hell that was the HSC. Good luck.
ahaha nice advice there, thanks for that
how did u go for ur hsc?

MiPh

HSC
ahaha nice advice there, thanks for that
how did u go for ur hsc?
Still having no idea where I want to go, I whipped up 93.75 which got me into eng/comm at UNSW, two points shy of beating by brother... Which was my goal. Kinda.

But that's the course I wanted to get into, and I worked as hard as I needed to, to get in.

mac1996

HSC
Still having no idea where I want to go, I whipped up 93.75 which got me into eng/comm at UNSW, two points shy of beating by brother... Which was my goal. Kinda.

But that's the course I wanted to get into, and I worked as hard as I needed to, to get in.

ahaha thats exactly like me, i wana beat my brother

liz2814

HSC
do not panic now... the real panic begins the holidays before trials to the end of hsc which is already a long time haha don't stretch it out over the whole year. there are some really fun times to year 12 so just try not to worry too much for now :) it usually works out better than you think it will anyway

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Study goals and what achieved

Biology: Do a few papers on MAB and finish Blueprint of Life (complete)
Business: Consolidate Operations and start finance (consolidated and did the first few dot points)
English: Creative (in progress)
Legal: Finish holiday homework (lots) and start human rights (complete)
SOR: Consolidate (LOL NO)

Focus is Key

HSC
I've achieved (through cramming during the last week :p)

English Advanced: Read Great Gatsby, done a past short answer section of HSC, done a tiny bit of notes on belonging.
English Ext 1: Read Anil's Ghost, Still got to work lots on an assignment
English Ext 2: Ughh I should have been more focused. Only 1000 words done :/
Maths Adv- Made summaries and attempted a couple of past papers. Reviewed some Year 11 material.
Maths Ext 1: Ditto above.
Ancient: Nothing lol, should probs revise P&H
Legal: A tiny bit of note-making for my legal assignment, need to finish assignment by end of holidays. Didn't consolidate stuff :/
CAFS: A brief summary reading the other day, nothing really lol.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I've achieved (through cramming during the last week :p)

English Advanced: Read Great Gatsby, done a past short answer section of HSC, done a tiny bit of notes on belonging.
English Ext 1: Read Anil's Ghost, Still got to work lots on an assignment
English Ext 2: Ughh I should have been more focused. Only 1000 words done :/
Maths Adv- Made summaries and attempted a couple of past papers. Reviewed some Year 11 material.
Maths Ext 1: Ditto above.
Ancient: Nothing lol, should probs revise P&H
Legal: A tiny bit of note-making for my legal assignment, need to finish assignment by end of holidays. Didn't consolidate stuff :/
CAFS: A brief summary reading the other day, nothing really lol.
Don't worry bro
you'll still get 99.95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)