just thought id tell you.... (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
... that I had my Legal Studies half yearly today and I felt like I was raped, savagely beaten, put into a sack, beaten more, weighed down and thrown into a river...

a lot of what i studied meant nothing and i usually do well... think about when u get a really bad extended response question ur stumped on answering..now amplify that as an entire exam....

im probably overreacting, but i just thought id let u know ;)

santaslayer

HSC
what was the question......???
for legal, in my experience, u dont really need to study the content as much.....i kinda just remembered the content after the first go.....(maybe it was the good teacher)
what u really should be studying is cases, legilation, media , articles, statistics, international laws and reports that relate to the content (of course u will need to study the content a bit, but not excessivley, the related materials will jog ur memory on the content)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
My that fills me with confidence entering my half-yearlie exam for legal tomorrow. Santaslayer is correct though; legal is the type of subject in which for revision you look up different materials, such as case studies and legislation. It always jogs your memory of the content.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Trigger189
... that I had my Legal Studies half yearly today and I felt like I was raped, savagely beaten, put into a sack, beaten more, weighed down and thrown into a river...

a lot of what i studied meant nothing and i usually do well... think about when u get a really bad extended response question ur stumped on answering..now amplify that as an entire exam....

im probably overreacting, but i just thought id let u know ;)
Yep. That was me 2wks ago. Our entire exam centred around "Community expectations and standards" and it was FUCKED.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah but you came SECOND so u werent completely fucked....

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes but it's still and ominous sign for the future :(

Manda_dunga

teachy_teach
HSC
Originally posted by connie
i only got 92 though so maybe it wasn't the best way to approach it
i'd be happy wit "only 92"!!! obviously u were doin sumthing rite to get dat mark!!!

santaslayer

HSC
i disagree, legal is all about your ability to know the main ideas and bullshit! cases can be easily made up, same goes for stats and journal/newspaper articles!

well thats how i got through, i only got 92 though so maybe it wasn't the best way to approach it
i dont know whether to agree or disagree with ur argument.
u said it was ur ability to 'bs' and to know the main ideas.....thats contradictory. the main reason why one bs's is because they 'dont know the main ideas'.

santaslayer

HSC
and yes, cases can be made up, but my point was that if u took the time to find articles that were legitimate, it would easily jog ur memory on the content of the particular subject in matter.

and 'making up' articles, stats. etc. sort of beats the whole purpose of doing legal studies.............LoLz.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Santaslayer talks too much and his expression is almost as appalling as my handwriting. He does law right?

God save the Judge :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
santaslayer is a guy?!?!?! :eek:

im sick of being so surprised by everyone's gender! :mad:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Santaslayer talks too much and his expression is almost as appalling as my handwriting. He does law right?

God save the Judge :p
Ahem *

What in the hell do you mean by that? :p

santaslayer

HSC
i'm glad you nominated yourself to determine the purpose of doing legal studies!
Why do I get the feeling that your avatar was custom made for me? :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
santaslayer is a guy?!?!?! :eek:

im sick of being so surprised by everyone's gender! :mad:
:rofl: Okay, tell me honestly. I talk like a girl! Argghhhhhh! :p

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
i just did my legal test last thursday...and it was sweet! i knew all but 3 multiple choice. the short answers were good too, and the extended response rocked! im SOOOO happy as legals my fave subject. but u kno how wen u think u did awsome, but u get it bak n its like 2/50? well lets hope that doesn't happen!

i find that legal is the only subject ive ever done that i just get! everythin we learn i retain. it really helps, so i CAN juz focus on the leg, media and cases etc. (tho i tend not to) I love legal sooo much.

And just for the record im a girl...tho im sure y'all woulda guessed that.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
:rofl: Okay, tell me honestly. I talk like a girl! Argghhhhhh! :p
ahh, not really...(kicks herself for being so bad at lying :p)

but really, i just assumed you were a girl (for some reason..or another :) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)