Keeping your productivity up and staying energised during the weekend (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Hey,

So I am trying to hit 6 hours of study a day on the weekend. And that doesn't include any tiny bits of break time - like when I do 50 minutes study 10mins off and repeat that a few times only the 50mins actually counts. Anyway, I was going for a high target like that this weekend and it started off well - energised and very productive but I am finding that by the end of the day I am now only around twice as productive as I was earlier on and I don't have the energy. And it's not like I didn't eat, I've had breakfast, lunch, and snacks and got 10 hours of sleep last night...

Any tips for keeping the energy and productivity levels up throughout the whole day? Like should I have a break longer than 30 minutes in the middle of the day - could this be the problem?

HSC
When I can't concentrate I have intervals of exercising and that keeps me awake. Exercise especially ones that involve the whole body brings oxygen to the brain and that helps reduce eye stress. I think the thing that gets tired more easily are the eyes and that could make you sleepy/ not energised.

so do study/ work, have breaks- bathroom, water, eating
when you can't concentrate- wash face with cool water, exercise (jogging, dancing, cross trainer, etc)

swagmeister

HSC
Bump for advice on keeping a high efficiency in your studies

suika

HSC
You do need a break once in a while (and no I'm not talking about a 10 minute break - like a day break or half a day). Also this routine you want to do has a lot of variables that can affect your energy/motivation to study. These can be things such as environment surroundings, sleeping schedules, eating habits, etc.

First I think you should plan your day before you start doing anything (which I think you are doing). If you plan your day, you can actually pinpoint when you want your breaks. If you want a 10 minute break, make sure you keep your mind active during that break. Walk around, solve a puzzle, do something small that'll keep you on your feet. Also give yourself time to refresh yourself. That way when you start your next study block, your mind will still be active for study. Also make sure you have at least a one hour break during your 6 hours of study so you can have time to eat and shower (or whatever).

If you're lacking energy mentally, it could just mean your brain has overloaded on studying. With that being said, never study more than you should. And you're probably reading this going "these aren't tips on keeping my energy levels high" and I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think that if you aren't taking enough breaks then forcing yourself to keep your energy levels high won't be healthy later on.

One tip I can give you is always reward yourself. Whether its during your 10 minute break or your whole 6 hour study session, give yourself a treat. Because you deserve it - and it'll boost your motivation (I hope).

rawrliongirl

HSC
I'd say if you feel your concentration starting to lapse, take a break or a short nap so that you wake up re-energized and you may find it easier to concentrate.
Make sure that you plan out everything you want to do, set little goals as such so that you don't start to procrastinate. This will keep your motivation up since they are only small and achievable goals .
Take regular breaks (like you already do) go for a quick walk if you can, make sure to keep your fluids up and have something good to eat as a snack like fruit.
Maybe have a break in the middle of the day which is significantly longer than your other ones just to give your brain a bit of a rest for like an hour or so if you can.
Like suika said, reward yourself. It'll keep up your motivation too.
I also find to keep myself motivated and productive, I remind myself of why I am doing something. I try to make sure that I have a reason which will make me want to keep going and not give up. My motivation right now is to redeem myself from my bad marks last year and ace my half yearlies and get a really good rank in all of my subjects.

Good luck with your studying. :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Try stretching in the 10 minute break times or star jumps. Maybe even a head/handstand to recirculate blood flow.

Intrinsic

HSC
Go for a 20-30 minute walk in the sun for some vitamin D. Studies have shown that an individual's are able to get tasks done efficiently once they have exercised and spent time in the sun.

QZP

HSC
How's your diet, overall fitness and sleep schedule?

mreditor16

HSC
Hey,

So I am trying to hit 6 hours of study a day on the weekend. And that doesn't include any tiny bits of break time - like when I do 50 minutes study 10mins off and repeat that a few times only the 50mins actually counts. Anyway, I was going for a high target like that this weekend and it started off well - energised and very productive but I am finding that by the end of the day I am now only around twice as productive as I was earlier on and I don't have the energy. And it's not like I didn't eat, I've had breakfast, lunch, and snacks and got 10 hours of sleep last night...

Any tips for keeping the energy and productivity levels up throughout the whole day? Like should I have a break longer than 30 minutes in the middle of the day - could this be the problem?
I have no advice to give. But f33ls galore - this was me in HSC year and even into university. Did everything right, but my productivity would still drop off really badly towards the end of the day. I feel for you man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)