Kevin Rudd: political genius? (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Smith? i dunno. Surely you're not talking about The Duck!
Smith yeah, is Swan the duck? You weren't around much, during Rudd's early days I was forever talking up Smith(and to a lesser extent Tanner) as the most most electable politician on other side. I thought he had the bland, reassuring style of Rudd but also he didn't come across as up himself and had a dignified seriousness about him that particularly during the Nelson period made him look like a grown-up surrounded by kids. Given the animosity between Beazley's old crowd(Swan, Conroy,Ludwig) and Lathams old crowd (Carr, Crean, Gillard) I didn't think there was a real chance in hell that Gillard could ever raise the numbers to roll Rudd, but I thought it was possible they'd eventually look to someone else so I talked up Smith a lot as the future leader.

There is a lot of talk amongst the blogs these days about Smith being the only asset the government has left with Rudd and Shorten campaigning for the leadership, Swan and Wong generally being useless communicators, Faulks and Tanner retired and Emerson looking like a clown, I was kind of making an I told you so quip, but Iron, Spiny Norman and the others I used to talk to about Smith have all moved on. Poor Smith probably has a good chance of becoming the cursed first leader of the opposition after the election. Their will be a backlash against Shorten and Combet playing factional games if they lose.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
You do love your Stephen
I've actually gone off him a bit. I used to think he had somewhat more engaging communication skills but that being foreign minister under Rudd he had virtually no leash. However since he went into defence if anything his been worse, a few cringe-worthy attempts to show personality amongst more of the same old straight bat blandness.He'd still probably be one of the better leaders but these days I'd rate, Plibersek or Shorten over him. Maybe even Emerson if he learns to stop telling jokes.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
I hate Plibersek more than anything, she is just a robot, an evil robot of doom that must be destroyed

Lentern

HSC
I hate Plibersek more than anything, she is just a robot, an evil robot of doom that must be destroyed
No! Why? She's always so polite and patient and calm and warm and articulate and pretty and nice and smiley and relaxed and full of rainbows and whiskers on kittens.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
No! Why? She's always so polite and patient and calm and warm and articulate and pretty and nice and smiley and relaxed and full of rainbows and whiskers on kittens.
she's evil

pure talking point evil

never been so sure someone is a reptilian in my LIFE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)