Kids licking/smoking cane toads (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Kids in NT licking/smoking cane toads

Kids smoking cane toads
September 28, 2005

"CHILDREN as young as 12 are licking cane toads in an attempt to get high, the Northern Territory News has learned.

Some children and teenagers in Katherine and Arnhem Land are even drying out the skins of cane toads and rolling them up as joints to get a hit.
But Territory health authorities have warned that those who lick or smoke cane toads are dicing with death and stress that there are no hallucinogenic effects possible from bufo toxin, the toxin excreted by the introduced pest.

Director of emergency medicine at Royal Darwin Hospital Didier Palmer said anyone who ingests bufo toxin is more likely to die than get high from it.

"These are very foolish and dangerous acts," he said.

"Anyone who does this runs the very serious risk of seizures, a rapid loss of consciousness, cardio-vascular collapse and death."

Researchers investigating what substances petrol sniffers in Arnhem Land abuse were shocked to be told that some were skinning cane toads, drying them and smoking them.
Maranboy police also report they had to take a road worker into custody last month after he licked a cane toad while intoxicated.

It is understood the man's eyes rolled in the back of his head and he became extremely aggressive, and began shaking uncontrollably after licking the bufo toxin.

Officer-in-charge of Maranboy police, Brevet Sergeant Angelo Denale, said it was unclear whether the man's aggression was caused by alcohol or bufo toxin but warned against experimenting with the dangerous substance.

"Whether or not he became aggressive from licking cane toads, smoking cannabis or alcohol, it is a recipe for disaster," he said.

"Licking cane toads gives off some form of poison and it's obviously bad for your health." "

From: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16747884-13762,00.html

eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Last edited:

studynoob

HSC
N/A
when i was a kid i always sniffed stuff but never cane toads that sound soo cool where can i get cane toads?

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
they have been brainwashed by that simpsons episode when homer licks toads

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
survival of the fittest id say.

if ur dumb enough to do stupid shit like this, you NEED to die.

G

Gavvvvvin

At least the abos are finally making a contribution to society by keeping the cane toad population under control :rolleyes:

Sort of kills two birds with one stone. Or maybe 3.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Their time would be better spent learning from their elders about Walpiri desert acrylics and sandpaintings that tell stories about the Dreaming and the land, and be encouraged to participate in the counter-appropriation of these art forms by Post-Modernism.

Sorry, one of my assignments is getting to my head, in a non-licking-cane-toad kind of way.
stfu . dreamtime is just another word for the state of being high when they sniff fumes

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yuck. i don't know how anyone could touch a cane toad, let alone lick one!

That reminds me. At school (late primary/early secondary) the boys would kick toads around like soccerballs until they died. It was so horrible and gross! Especially since they'd kick them towards the girls, complete with guts and poison. We'd all run and scream. It was disgusting.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
chookyn said:
yuck. i don't know how anyone could touch a cane toad, let alone lick one!

That reminds me. At school (late primary/early secondary) the boys would kick toads around like soccerballs until they died. It was so horrible and gross! Especially since they'd kick them towards the girls, complete with guts and poison. We'd all run and scream. It was disgusting.
A queensland friend of mine told me that the boys put bungers/fireworks on them and blow them up, squash them etc. Think about it, they need to be exterminated they have no predators in Australia and every female toad lays 900+ eggs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)