Kim Beazly Appointed New Chancellor (1 Viewer)

kretzy

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
Yeah I'm not too sure what I think either. The Chancellor doesn't really do that much, he's more of a figurehead...Chubb's still pretty much in charge.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
"The Chancellor position is seen as ceremonial and part time, however Beazley has already stated he wants to be more hands on with the students and staff"

Given his academic history, I think having him as chancellor could benefit ANU enormously, regardless of how involved he is with the actual running of the place.

GreatRabbitWall

HSC
He's like the chairman of a company. The CEO (vice-chancellor [Chubb]) does all the day-to-day management whilst the chairman/chancellor with the board/council is responsible for setting the broad general vision for ANU and making sure the v-c and senior management are meeting their goals. Generally its seen as pretty hands off, but sometimes a chancellor and vice-chancellor can be at each others necks (cant rememebr exactly, but i think Macquarie and New England had that problem).

Oh and Sammy: Beazley's academic history consists of his 2yr stint as Education Minister in the previous Labor Government, and teaching politics/IR at UWA, which he would've been doing since he left parliament (2007 election) or since he lost the Labor leadership (2006).

Last edited:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
OMG OMG OMG!! Kimmm BEAZLEYY!! I can't believe it! *faints*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)