King Lear ~ EACH yr/THIS yr will the question be DEFINTELY be or be related to...... (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
characterisation?? i suppose you can link that to the readings to an extent. actually, you can, famil drama = powerful lear, possibly

Naji

my point exactly... u can link anything to the readings... just have to manipulate ur info...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Naji
my point exactly... u can link anything to the readings... just have to manipulate ur info...
yeah thats true...c i memorise my essays, and yeah u can manipulate for most of the questions without needin' to know more info than whats in the essay itself:)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
also because there is a limit as to how much u can write, and u have to make it link to the rubric, u pretty much always have to write the same stuff, and you can't have too many notes or they won't all fit

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
hmmm that's true and what do u mean by there's a limit?
aaaarrgh, freaking_out do u actually memorise ur essays?
i try and do that too but my teacher won't let me so i haven't been handing in essays cos the teacher will kno they're exactly the same but manipulated...as u said.
*sigh* i'm gonna freakin fail english especially
How do u ppl write soooo much like 8 pages, i can only write max 3!!!!!!!!!!!! my teacher says i write good but she feels i'll only make it to Band 3!!!!! But when i compare my essays to the standards package i feel i could make it to Band 5 or well at least Band 4............i mean, how hard will they mark it? Hope i get a dumb teacher or smthng or smthng...someone who is easily impressed.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
rem. its quality and not quantity that matters....also i think u should just practice under exam conditions...and u should b alright.. also don't worry about what your teacher says, if u feel memorising works for you (like it does for me and most other people) then u should do that....and learn how to manipulate.

c what iambored said is exactly right, all questions are at the end gonna ask u the exact same things, as there's a limit as to what they can ask. i king lears case, basically know 2 readings, 2 productions of this readings, and how this productions represent 2 scenes...and also know how the reading's portray the characters and themes.:)

Xena W.Priness

Quote "I thought maybe I could link ideas back to diff. readings even though questions don't ask for readings/interpretations DIRECTLY."

according to my teacher you're right, the one goes with the other, so basically we need to relate concept such as chaos, family relations, inversion of power etc. to the way that different production have portrayed them. so stick to ur plan cos i think thats he whole ideaof the module to outline how different productions focused on different issues and how they portrayed these issues... phew im tired...

avazzi21

Originally posted by freaking_out
i heard, my teacher say that this is the hardest text/module for adv. english.:mad1:
Yeah, from what ive gathered they are going to replace it with something else because its too difficult

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)