King Lear- if they ask about themes? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm totally stressed about this...basically, i'm really freaked out that their question would be theme based. Cos i was looking at old catholic trials questions and they were like "how do different directors show chaos and order in their productions?" (something like that).

Well, i was just wondering if anyone can tell me how i can go about studying for these themes stuff? I'm doing 3 films and they're marxist/political, psychoanalytical and existentialist. My teacher and most of my friends all say that learning 2 scenes from each production is already sufficient enough, but i'm really scared that somehow those scenes won't have anything to do with the themes (if they DO ask a question based on themes)...

So what do you guys is the best way to prepare for this?
I mean for example...what if they ask about fate and i prepared act 1 scene 1 and the storm scene or something? I just don't know how to do this at all...it'd be great if someone can de-stress me! thanks heaps!:)

-marilia- xoxo

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Most importantly dont stress...its pointless and it will b detrimental...nervousness is alrite, anxiety is not.
i wudnt pay close attention to wots been in the catholic trials, they tend to b more difficlut and specific...u shud generally have themes/ideas and mould ur essay around them...i belive u shud know the play in its entirety and not jus 2 scenes, so u can b prepared for nething

HSC questions generally rnt too specific (except for 2001 where htey asked about chaos and order)nevertheless themes will b raised by the interpretations and u discuss them

If i were u id also call advice line 131112

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
check the syllabus under critical study of texts it says... "explore and evaluate a specific text and its reception in a range of contexts" that basically means u have to have read the play and understand it and then know about a few receptions - opinions (aristotle) or productions (brookes). they really can only ask one kind of question and ur response will be similar each year except for a few paragraphs related to the question.... they really cant drift too far from this dotpoint in the syllabus....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)