King Lear Readings (1 Viewer)

tomcats 72

HSC
Heya,
Has anyone got any info about different readings of King Lear. I can't seem to find much and my teacher hasn't given me anything. I'm starting to run outa time and need info fast.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

serge

HSC
yeh i dont think you should get too caught up in just readings,
because the teachers want a knowledge of King Lear's "reception over time"

try use a variety of readings and contexts...
if you take 3 post-modern readings from 3 British men who wrote in the 1970s
you wont do as well as if you did 3 readings from 3 different centuries,
from different backgrounds...
plus it gives you more to compare and contrast :)

tomcats 72

HSC
Thanks for the help. My entire class is so dumb that our teacher only read through the play and showed us two different productions of King Lear. He thinks our brains are so tiny that he only showed us the first act of Richard Eyre's production and the upt to the third act of some new york theatre company production. lol. oh well, at least I have some material now. Stupid class, stupid teacher, stupid hsc grrrr.

tomcats 72

HSC
Crap I'm screwed, my class isn't using the new cambridge edition of King Lear. The version of Lear that I'm using is the The Pelican King Lear. This text does have the mock trial in it. What if I refer to scenes that have been omitted in the new cambridge edition but are in my edition? Anyone got any ideas? This is so retarded

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Firstly, the question on versions has been both asked and answered in the FAQ that has been stickied and linked for you to look at. Secondly, if it doesn't exist in the version the Board of Studies cites then it does not exist in your essays - period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)