• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Kosovo declares Independence (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
A List of Countires who oppose Kosovo as an independent state:
Greece
Russia
Serbia
China
Cyprus
Bulgeria
Romania
Slovakia
Indonisia
Vietnam
New Zealand
Azerbijan
Sri Lanka
Spain
Kazakstan
Czech Republic
Moldova
Georgia

A List of Countires For Kosovo's Independence:
America
Albania
F.Y.R Macedonia
Turkey
France
Croatia
Italy
Britan
Germany
Australia
Argentina
Brazil
Afganistan

Captain Gh3y said:
For u Dijane:

On February 18th 2008 the Albanian majority of Kosovo i Metohija claimed "independence" over a region that has been historically a Serbian holy land for hundreds of years.

The point of this post is for the general Australian (all of us) to understand the situation in Kosovo i Metohija.

I dont think there would be one Serb who would be a supporter of Slobodan Milosevic and his communist tendancies. The Croats and Muslims can harp on about him being a hardcore nationalist, but that is furthest from the truth.

He was a communist child who brought pain to the Serbian nation.

But, at the end of the day, whats yours is yours.

The below image shows you the Serbian churches and monastaries in Kosovo i Metohija.

http://www.terrorwhy.kg.co.yu/images/bastina/spomenici_v.jpg

Here is an article that states exactly what the situation is about.

Czech Buisness Weekly

Historical parallels show EU’s Kosovo policy is insane
By: Jiř�* Hanák, 07. 01. 2008, More by this author

The new year begins under the sign of the infamy that the U.S. and the European Union are committing against Serbia by supporting independence for the Serbian province of Kosovo. In this relation, I cannot help but reach for a historical comparison. When, in October 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain defended the Munich Agreement with Hitler as offering “peace in our time”, Winston Churchill said, “The nation had to choose between shame and war. We have chosen shame. We shall get the war as well.” To paraphrase— Washington and the EU have chosen between a restless Balkans and dishonesty. They have chosen dishonesty and will have troubles with more than the Balkans.

But let us leave Serbia aside, injured and demeaned as it is. In its current state of mind, it is imaginable that Serbia will turn its back on the EU and the West and will seek a safe harbor in Moscow. The idea that Serbia may permit Russia to establish a base on its territory is not as fantastic as it may seem. Desperate states do desperate things.

When discussing Kosovo’s independence, we cannot apply a nation’s right to self-determination. The Albanian nation already has its state. The Kosovo Albanians are thus merely a minority in Serbia, as the Czech Germans were in pre-war Czechoslovakia. But there are further points. If the Euro-Atlantic alliance grants independence to the Albanians in Kosovo, will it be able to consistently deny it to Albanians in the Republic of Macedonia, where they form a high percentage minority? And what about Republika Srpska in Bosnia-Herzegovina? Would it not have the right to untangle itself from the (nonfunctioning) Bosnian double state and declare its own independence as well? I am almost certain that an independent Kosovo and an independent Republika Srpska in Bosnia would fuse with their “mother” states in the foreseeable future, resulting in an entirely new map of the region.

These matters are but a trifle, however, compared to the whole extent of what may come spilling out of the Pandora’s box of Kosovo’s independence. If the Albanian minority in Serbia can become independent, why not the Hungarian minority in Slovakia? And in Romania? And what about Chechnya? And the Turks in Cyprus? And what about the 40-million strong Kurdish nation, with its own language and culture? Only because fate cast them into a cursedly sensitive area—one by the way that has billions of barrels of oil?

And look at the icing on the cake: the KLA, supposedly the Kosovo Albanians’ liberation army, was as recently as 1998 listed on the U.S.’s list of terrorist organizations. Only thanks to the magic wand of the U.S. State Department, then headed by Madeleine Albright, did the terrorists and narco-barons change into respectable freedom fighters. I cannot judge how much a role was played by the charm of KLA political leader Hashim Thaçi (also known as “the Snake”). What is certain is the fact that we will be witnesses to a unique event—with the declaration of an independent Kosovo, the narco-mafia will gain its own state.

The states of the EU will probably recognize Kosovo’s independence; only Cyprus is holding out. In the case of Slovakia or Romania, the approval will be either hypocritical or suicidal. For the Czech Republic, it will be a living example of forgetting one’s own history. I am sorry that, as a convinced backer of the EU, I have to say that in the case of Kosovo, the EU has apparently gone insane.

The Australian government has supported Kosovo independence, do you the Average Australian tax payer support an Asian republic in Cabramatta? A Lebanese republic in Punchbowl? A Turkish republic in Auburn?

The same principles apply.

Kosovo i Metohija is the cradle of the Serbian nation. We were under Turkish rule for 500 years and held onto our religion and our culture and our ties to Kosovo i Metohija.

I urge you all to ignore the ramblings of the Croats and Muslims on this forum. Get your facts yourself.

I urge you all to email various radio stations, MP's and the PM and show your disgust at our nation accepting this "independence".

Im sure this topic will now be tarnished by clowns. Ignore it. Do your part.
uh....thanks dean.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
A List of Countires who Apose Kosovo as an independent state:
Greece
Russia
Serbia
China
Cyprus
Bulgeria
Romania
Slovakia
Indonisia
Vietnam
New Zealand
Azerbijan
Sri Lanka
Spain
Kazakstan
Czech Republic
Moldova
Georgia
So basically all the shit ones. Apose, or oppose?
Whoo, go team Serbia!

Have a look at some of those countries. They don't oppose independence for Serbias sake. They're too busy worrying about Kosovo setting a precedence, incase any provinces in their own shitholes decide to become independent.

boris

Banned
HSC
POP QUIZ!
WHAT DO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES HAVE IN COMMON?
Greece
Russia
Serbia
China
Cyprus
Bulgeria
Romania
Slovakia
Indonisia
Vietnam

Azerbijan
Sri Lanka

Kazakstan
Czech Republic
Moldova
Georgia

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
*Minka* said:
We all know that Kosovo is going to merge with Albania soon enough anyway. Anyone who knows me will tell you I am no racist, but it deeply saddens me to think of what is the heart of Serbia being part of Albania, a nation which has shown it has little respect for Serbia's culture, faith and history.
and to think albania is on the "rise".

half of their fucking population is under poverty.

Gillard's Hair

HSC
N/A
boris said:
POP QUIZ!
Greece
Russia
Serbia
China
Cyprus
Bulgeria
Romania
Slovakia
Indonisia
Vietnam

Azerbijan
Sri Lanka

Kazakstan
Czech Republic
Moldova
Georgia
communism? :D

Aryanbeauty

HSC
boris said:
POP QUIZ!
Greece
Russia
Serbia
China
Cyprus
Bulgeria
Romania
Slovakia
Indonisia
Vietnam

Azerbijan
Sri Lanka

Kazakstan
Czech Republic
Moldova
Georgia
Yeah most of them Ex-Communist countries, all of them 3rd world poor trash countries.

In any case America's recognition alone is more than enough for Kosovo to survive. Whether Russia or Vietnam recognise Kosovo or not is irrelevant.

Gillard's Hair

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
Yeah most of them Ex-Communist countries, all of them 3rd world poor trash countries.

In any case America's recognition alone is more than enough for Kosovo to survive. Whether Russia or Vietnam recognise Kosovo or not is irrelevant.

Russia is poor? but but but it's so big

banco55

HSC
Serbia should STFU they long ago squandered whatever moral capital they might have had. The Serbians were for (or at least indifferent) towards ethnic cleansing until they were inconvenienced by the NATO bombing, sanctions etc.

Last edited:

boris2003

HSC
banco55 said:
Serbia should STFU they long ago squandered whatever moral capital they might have had. The Serbians were for (or at least indifferent) towards ethnic cleansing until they were inconvenienced by the NATO bombing, sanctions etc.
A loser like you should definitely STFU. The so called "ethnic cleansing" that you call was reported by the Western Media as supposable 1 million Albanians were deported. 8 years later, the Red Cross organisation found that only 10 000 Albanians were driven out, and more as a result of the battle between the KLA and the local non-KLA supporters, than that of the Serbian "agression"
During the year 1998/1999 250 000 Serbs have been ethnically cleansed, were forced out of their homes. Only 4000 have returned to this day.
NATO agression on Serbia was another illegal thing, as it bypassed the UN, making it an imperialistic action lasting 79 days, so before you type...

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
boris2003 said:
A loser like you should definitely STFU. The so called "ethnic cleansing" that you call was reported by the Western Media as supposable 1 million Albanians were deported. 8 years later, the Red Cross organisation found that only 10 000 Albanians were driven out, and more as a result of the battle between the KLA and the local non-KLA supporters, than that of the Serbian "agression"
During the year 1998/1999 250 000 Serbs have been ethnically cleansed, were forced out of their homes. Only 4000 have returned to this day.
NATO agression on Serbia was another illegal thing, as it bypassed the UN, making it an imperialistic action lasting 79 days, so before you type...
There's a reason Milosevic and other Serbian leaders were charged with war crimes. I'm sure Serbia was just trying to defend itself. Srebrenica ring bell?

boris2003

HSC
banco55 said:
There's a reason Milosevic and other Serbians leaders were charged with war crimes. I'm sure Serbia was just trying to defend itself.
There is no valid reason whatsoever. The UN war crimes tribunal stationed in Hague is another illegal institution, not because i say so, but becuase it is a fact. Apart from being the political institution it is also not recognised by any of the world's leading legal corps and orgs.

Serbia as always was trying to defend itself. It was trying to defend its people from the satanic imperialism that came to claim what is not theirs. There is no oil in Kosovo, but the un-exploited mineral resources account for more than 220 billion dollars, Lignite by itself worth 11 billion.

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
boris2003 said:
There is no valid reason whatsoever. The UN war crimes tribunal stationed in Hague is another illegal institution, not because i say so, but becuase it is a fact. Apart from being the political institution it is also not recognised by any of the world's leading legal corps and orgs.

Serbia as always was trying to defend itself. It was trying to defend its people from the satanic imperialism that came to claim what is not theirs. There is no oil in Kosovo, but the un-exploited mineral resources account for more than 220 billion dollars, Lignite by itself worth 11 billion.
LOL yeah Kosovo is a goldmine of of un exploited mineral resources. I know your average Serb isn't very good at dealing with reality but if you think the US bombed Serbia to get its hands on Kosovo's vast mineral resources you've lost the plot. Too bad Tito didn't realize the wealth that was beneath his feet. Maybe if he had Yugoslavia wouldn't have spent the years after WW II with living standards well below their neighbours to the west.

Last edited:

boris2003

HSC
Just seen you edited your post,

As of Srebrenica. All the world humanitarian organisations claim that the number of dead men (women and children were separated) is between 800-1500 bodies. Why the number is so high is because, a bitch known as Madeleine Olbright (US senator at that time - 1990's) started increasing the number of killed to further convince the public that the Serbs were the bad guys, while the muslims were the good guys. The number went from 3000-4000, and then in 7 days time as high as 10 000. Anyways, Srebrenica only occurred as the muslim rebel side led by the drug warlord Naser Oric and his paramilitary forces killed 3600 Serbs (proven, names and surnames are available, if you want the proof, i will give you one of the links), in the period between 1992-1995 (Kravica, Bratunac massacre). The 1995 would have never happened if Naser Oric not have only killed so many people (many were killed on Christmas eve 1992) but because he continually provoced the Serbian side, from the UN protected zone of Srebrenica. Srebrenica was a response from Bosnian Serbs to the massacres that happened before, in that exact, same region. It was a deserved revenge attack

boris2003

HSC
Agreed, it has sufferred enough, and it has more rights to independence than does Kosmet

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
what the hell is wrong with people? all you serbs, kosvians and what ever the f.uck you call yourslef just STFU...

why the hell do you people give a 2 shits about what hapnd centuries ago? srsly ? your problably born in australia anyways so why give a shit? you came to australia or your parents came to australia like mine did for a better life and here you are bringing your bullshit do australia. you were never involved, so STFU.

this is why australia sometimes has social problems among society. when dick.heads bring their problems from oeverseas and start shit here. to tell you the truth no1 really gives a crap about serbia or kosovo or bosnia or what ever the hell yougoslavia is.

so STFU and worry about australia, not some torn apart, 3rd world, rotton joint on the other side of the globe.

grow up

boris2003

HSC
bigboyjames said:
what the hell is wrong with people? all you serbs, kosvians and what ever the f.uck you call yourslef just STFU...

why the hell do you people give a 2 shits about what hapnd centuries ago? srsly ? your problably born in australia anyways so why give a shit? you came to australia or your parents came to australia like mine did for a better life and here you are bringing your bullshit do australia. you were never involved, so STFU.

this is why australia sometimes has social problems among society. when dick.heads bring their problems from oeverseas and start shit here. to tell you the truth no1 really gives a crap about serbia or kosovo or bosnia or what ever the hell yougoslavia is.

so STFU and worry about australia, not some torn apart, 3rd world, rotton joint on the other side of the globe.

I wasn't born here (just because we talk about our own motherland, doesn't mean that we do not respect or obey the laws of the country that we live in), and i was involved

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
no1 is saying "dont discuss" but it doesnt have to become personal...

boris2003

HSC
bigboyjames said:
no1 is saying "dont discuss" but it doesnt have to become personal...
It's a bit hard to control your emotions when a person was involved, knows what happened (I am not just supporting my side. Crimes occurred on both sides, but more on 1 than the other) compared to people that don't even know where to locate a country on a globe, let alone speak of its involvment in the wars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)