L.E.D Jet Washers (1 Viewer)

2006istheyear

HSC
Hey, does anyone know here if chrome L.E.D jet washers are illegal to have on your car?? i know there illegal to have on, but i have just hooked up these L.E.D chrome jet washers to my car and didnt know if there legal or not

thanks for any help

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Provided they are not a "distraction to other drivers" when not turned on then they are not illegal.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone has them in Malaysia and it's ugly >< even worse are the ones which cycle through different colours.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You sure? I'd say they would be 'coz they are essentially some bright fluro colour... kindof like a mini neon light- except facing oncoming traffic.

2006istheyear

HSC
There blue, and chrome in colour.....i really only want them for the chrome colour look instead of those crappy black ones....but yeah there blue, can the cops bust ya for just having them installed on do they have to see them on before getting you

ps by the way i was going to hook them up to a switch...should i still do it, or just cut the wire

and if i cut the wire, the cops cant bust me can they?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
DaddyK said:
I thought the light faced the windsheild...coz thats the way the washers face.
I must be thinking of something else then... either that, or the light is so bright that regardless of which way it's pointed, oncoming traffic can still see it as a distraction.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If they are blue you could be done for impersonating a police officer (easily doable with them) or distracting other drivers (the lesser of the two).

If red they are a distraction to other drivers as they breach an ADR. eg red lights must only be on the back of a car and white on the front. The exception being reversing lights which are only on when a cars back is in a way its front...

2006istheyear

HSC
what i mean is, can i have these led jet washers on the car, but snip the wire, so they wont work??

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Why bother having them if you can't turn them on?

Just install a switch somewhere on your dash - this will make the whole installation process harder though.

2006istheyear

HSC
loquasagacious said:
Is it possible to just get chrome ones then?

thats the ones ive got.....so having them installed cant get you a defect notice then?

2006istheyear

HSC
i agree not many people do see them, but i think they still make the car (well my shitty excel:eek: lol) look good anyways, anyone sure on if there legal to have on your car or not if there not connected?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If the lights arent on then they're legal.

There is some doubt here - but if the lights are inoperable eg not hooked up then there definantly shouldnt be a problem.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it'll be that visible most of the time... unless you park your car a lot for people to admire?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)