Lack of year 11 GEOGRAPHY study material!!!!!!!! :@ (1 Viewer)

3Lachlan2

HSC
For those who are doing HSC geography now, please help me in my quest to find an alternative study to my class text 'Global Interactions 1'. Don't tell me not to get anything. I only want comments stating texts that could be used for study, if u will. :[]

student6625

HSC
You can get the Macquarie Revsion Guide for HSC Geography. The information there's easier to read and understand. But whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Excel Geography book. The information in there is useless (not really answering the syllabus dot points) and apart from practising some skills questions in there a few days before the exam, I barely even touched it.

3Lachlan2

HSC
you can get the macquarie revsion guide for hsc geography. The information there's easier to read and understand. But whatever you do, do not buy the excel geography book. The information in there is useless (not really answering the syllabus dot points) and apart from practising some skills questions in there a few days before the exam, i barely even touched it.
what about for prelim pplz????

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
lol wow geography...drop it and pick up chemistry :D
but yeah id probably say macq revision guides
and dw about prelim too much, just use the one youve got and buy a HSC guide and start early if its too boring

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
whatever you do, DON'T use excel. it's shit for geography.
i don't think excel actually has one for prelim geography, but the HSC version is gay.
global interactions is a pretty good textbook, i say just use that one and your class notes from your case studies.
there's nothing really to worry about in prelim (except maybe the SGP), so save the cash until the HSC.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
i don't think excel actually has one for prelim geography, but the HSC version is gay.
global interactions is a pretty good textbook, i say just use that one and your class notes from your case studies.
there's nothing really to worry about in prelim (except maybe the SGP), so save the cash until the HSC.
agreed.

3Lachlan2

HSC
lol wow geography...drop it and pick up chemistry :D
but yeah id probably say macq revision guides
and dw about prelim too much, just use the one youve got and buy a HSC guide and start early if its too boring
no thanks... but i see your point

3Lachlan2

HSC
good advice. ok, can u give me some more good advice on the SGP then?

3Lachlan2

HSC
I must say its pretty weird that excel and other study guides dont have the preliminary course for geography covered. WTH indeed.

3Lachlan2

HSC
You can get the Macquarie Revsion Guide for HSC Geography. The information there's easier to read and understand. But whatever you do, DO NOT buy the Excel Geography book. The information in there is useless (not really answering the syllabus dot points) and apart from practising some skills questions in there a few days before the exam, I barely even touched it.
that helps for for the HSC, but not prelim - which is what the question is about.

3Lachlan2

HSC
do you know what you're doing for the SGP?
not as yet, but i've been advised to do something local
this could mean something at the beach, to do with population, traffic, urban stuff ect.
i need something moderately interesting, and fairly easy to do - but id like good marks
XD

wrecking

derp.
HSC
I must say its pretty weird that excel and other study guides dont have the preliminary course for geography covered. WTH indeed.
look honestly, YOU DON'T NEED A STUDY GUIDE FOR YEAR 11 so save your money.
i survived geo prelim solely with my global interaction textbook (Y)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
not as yet, but i've been advised to do something local
this could mean something at the beach, to do with population, traffic, urban stuff ect.
i need something moderately interesting, and fairly easy to do - but id like good marks
XD
it is better to do something local, it'll be easier to get your fieldwork, surveys, interviews, etc. do some research around council websites and stuff, and do something where you'll be able to get a variety of sources and plenty of information. these can be from local residents, local council members, national park workers, people from industries that may work around there, newspapers and maybe some of your own fieldwork (like water testing, soil quality etc.)

harrisonmiller

HSC
Prelim isn't important man,
It's simply a precursor for the HSC.
Spend your time learning how to study and revise, rather then stressing about actual content.
In short there are no resources for Prelim Geography rather than Geo Active, because you don't need anything else....
You have to examine Biophysical Interactions in Prelim, and in HSC you have to do two case studies on Ecosystems at Risk.
If you're bored, spend extra time on these, and use the same case study for HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)