Language (1 Viewer)

luke567

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone! I'm currently in year 12 and I'm planning to learn a new language (mandarin) in university but I'm not sure what course i need to do. Do you guys have any idea? It'll be great to know!

thanks!

luke567

HSC
N/A
International studies or just arts

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
I just want to study here in aus. btw I'm a domestic student living in aus. I'm guessing arts?

si2136

HSC
N/A
Do an Arts Degree. You can always dual degree if you have other interests too!

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Thanks so much for the reply!

so do u think it'll be best to do a bachelor of arts?
Also I agree with this.

Do you want to study a language as the main focus of your degree, or something else whilst learning the language on the side?

luke567

HSC
N/A
Also I agree with this.

Do you want to study a language as the main focus of your degree, or something else whilst learning the language on the side?
Yeah i want to study mandarin as my main focus and get a degree on that. but I also have teaching thoughts towards this aswel(like teaching mandarin to primary school children) but I'm wanting to do teaching later... sorry this may sound confusing ahah

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Yeah i want to study mandarin as my main focus and get a degree on that. but I also have teaching thoughts towards this aswel(like teaching mandarin to primary school children) but I'm wanting to do teaching later... sorry this may sound confusing ahah
That seems so random to me lol - do you really want to go to uni and spend that much money to get a language degree? Like it seems a bit of a waste.
What do you see yourself doing in terms of like job/work/career?

but....to each his own.

An arts degree majoring in Chinese studies seems perfect for you

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Tbh im not really sure what i want to be but i thought it'll give me a plus majoring in an language. But i was thinking teaching

yeh i agree with you.. it might be a waste.

btw can i study chinese and teaching at the same time? is that like a double degree or something?

also if i was to just study mandarin what course would i have to put down?
You can do a international studies/education dual degree but it will take like 5yrs

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
That seems so random to me lol - do you really want to go to uni and spend that much money to get a language degree? Like it seems a bit of a waste.
What do you see yourself doing in terms of like job/work/career?

but....to each his own.

An arts degree majoring in Chinese studies seems perfect for you
Care to explain why you think learning a language is such a waste? I'm still doing a language at uni, and it has been the most useful thing I've learnt out of all my subjects lol

To I would strongly recommend the Bachelor of Arts (Languages) at USYD. It's 4 years and involves a compulsory and SUBSIDISED exchange program for a semester or two. Basically free $$$

You can read more about it here

http://sydney.edu.au/courses/bachelor-of-arts-languages

luke567

HSC
N/A
Care to explain why you think learning a language is such a waste? I'm still doing a language at uni, and it has been the most useful thing I've learnt out of all my subjects lol

To I would strongly recommend the Bachelor of Arts (Languages) at USYD. It's 4 years and involves a compulsory and SUBSIDISED exchange program for a semester or two. Basically free $$$

Thank you so much for your help!!

luke567

HSC
N/A

can i ask, what are your plans after doing this course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)