Laptop Advice....HELP Please! (1 Viewer)

Cynisca

HSC
Hey guys,
I'll be going to university this year and I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I've had a look at Macs as I've heard they're great for uni, however I really don't know which one to choose. Any ideas? ANy advice? There are so many variables!! Or... would it be better to opt for any other type?
Also if I were to purchase a Mac, is the Apple store the best place to go, or am I likely to find exactly the same product for a lower price elsewhere??
I would greatly appreciate any input from anyone. This seems so confusing but I'd like to make the right choice. I don't mind paying for something that's good quality and will last, and I'm looking for a fast computer.

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure that you need a laptop for uni. While many people do use laptops, I just write down notes in my notebook and I think that helps improve my writing for the final exams. If I were you I would wait a few weeks into your degree to see if you actually need a laptop before spending the money.

Silky_Smooth

HSC
I've owned a Macbook Pro 13 inch (retina display) for almost 1 and a half years, and have been relatively happy with it. Having said that I have had some minor issues with it over this time period which I will not go into detail about. I'm sure this computer would serve you well but I believe it may be overkill in your specific situation.
Instead I think that you should consider the Surface Pro 4 as this is an ideal device for university and is a cheaper option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)