Laptop Computers (1 Viewer)

spanish_rose

HSC
Hi,

Just wondering, how do you guys prevent your laptops from getting stolen?
Do you take them into lectures with you, rather than leaving them in your room?

And do you use the library printers or your own one connected to your laptop?

Sam

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
Yeah just leave it in your room when you go to lectures, and lock your door. Each room comes with a fairly standard dead-lock.

However, if you want, you can take your laptop to lectures. A couple of students in my class use theirs during lectures......but then again, my course is fairly geeky.

In anycase, if people break into your room, they'd be looking more for booze/food then anything else....but thats not to say I have heard of anyone breaking into rooms before (except maybe knights players).

later, phizz.

bex

HSC
hi phil! hows everything going? miss you all!!

its safe to leave them in your room.. noone in my course brought them (communications) if you have one or the cash to buy one i would say byo printer.. it saves a lot of unnecessary stress time!

there is also a lock you can buy from computer stores that fastens to the laptop and around a pole.. kinda like a bike lock i guess

cloud7

HSC
N/A
Depends on the size/weight of your laptop, if it is heavy and bulky, I think it is more practical to buy one laptop lock (Targus would be good..), and lock it. If your laptop is those types of ultraportables, it wont do much harm by bringing it around. :)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
just leave it in your room i dont even lock mine, most ppl can be trusted

bex

HSC
crazybrad said:
just leave it in your room i dont even lock mine, most ppl can be trusted

are you being sarcastic?? cause in the case of bathurst that is really untrue! all the dorms are pretty open there and anyone can walk in at any time.. so its really important to LOCK YOUR DOOR!

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
yes i am being serious i bearly ever lock my door unless i dont want ppl in my room, i usually come home from class(when i go) to find 4 people in my room playing xbox and my gf asleep on my bed.

phizz

HSC
I went to Wauchope High School.

I don't really know too many people from tele point, but who knows, I might know him...

What's his name?

phizz

HSC
I definiately know steve, its been awhile since I've seen him though.

As for Adam, I'm not sure if I've met him or not. I was talking to someone from tele point at DK pool, but I cant remeber if it was an Adam or an Adrian....does he know a Scott Johnson?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)