laptops or books? (1 Viewer)

farmer123

HSC
what do the rockstars of macquarie uni prefer? and what is the most popular at mq?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
there are like a billion threads in the general uni discussion section

and your units influence that decision, eg science/maths/stat units would be better with books

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Not even part of this uni, but yeah, subject selection and personal preference come into it.

I prefer typing to writing, as I type quicker than I write, and play the piano so that type of movement feels more natural to me.

Peartie

HSC
in lectures writing i find alot easier but i write it in the lecture then type it up so that come exam time its readable - and doing it twice consolidates it in my mind (well thats my theory anway)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I remember bringing in my laptop twice in first year. IMO, it wasn't worth the hassle of carting it around just to use for lectures and tutorials, and it is a little too uncomfortable to use in rooms with those small tables on the side of the chairs. It is easier to just use a book to write notes down, and perhaps type them up at home. With my units, we didn't really learn that much to warrant having to write down things at a fast rate, just the main concepts, which can be handwritten.

Also, i'm less likely to re-ead my typed notes than written notes. :)

Odyssey2001

HSC
I much prefer books especially in math, I write the notes during the lecture / tut and then redo them either on the computer or just into a study book so when I come to study it’s easier to find read; also I find its good revision by re-reading / writing everything again when I get home. Besides I don’t have a nice small apple laptop I have a Dell which if I carry around for to long I feel like my shoulders about to pop off -_-

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)