Last Line of your Major Work? (2 Viewers)

MisterE

HSC
N/A
Might seem a bit random without context, but:

"We spend hours going on green and stopping on red and honking when the other would break the rules, and none of us feel bad for it."

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Probably a little weird out of context, but whatever:

"I turned on my side and hoped to get through this, but I could still hear the mocking laughter tormenting me."

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Might seem a bit random without context, but:

"We spend hours going on green and stopping on red and honking when the other would break the rules, and none of us feel bad for it."
This story sounds nice - based on that one line. Sounds like an entertaining, happy story.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
My friends story is just brilliant.
It's last line is "Archie nodded gravely. "Looks like we have unfinished business. Ship: Back to Maccas Warpthru" "

MisterE

HSC
N/A
This story sounds nice - based on that one line. Sounds like an entertaining, happy story.
Thanks. I wasn't too keen on writing one of those depresso/nihilistic stories that seem to get the marks (like you weren't, I guess). Mine's based on the perspective of a child, so it's a bit if a happy twist.

The markers will hate it, though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Thanks. I wasn't too keen on writing one of those depresso/nihilistic stories that seem to get the marks (like you weren't, I guess). Mine's based on the perspective of a child, so it's a bit if a happy twist.

The markers will hate it, though.
I don't think so. If it's written nicely and makes them smile, then really... it's good.

Your last line reminds me of lyrics from Kids by MGMT.

MisterE

HSC
N/A
I don't think so. If it's written nicely and makes them smile, then really... it's good.

Your last line reminds me of lyrics from Kids by MGMT.
"Control yourself. Take only what you neeeeeed from it."

Hahaha, I could've thrown that in somewhere.

aheyhey

HSC
Whoa. I love people's ending sentences. ... Makes me want to read their major.
Mine was: "For the first time in weeks, he slept like a baby, lulled by the sound of a ticking sound deep in his heart."
Now that I read it, it sounds a bit lame ... anything with 'heart' in it instantly sounds girlie.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Does that story end with a love scene by any chance?

aheyhey

HSC
Nah. No love scenes. Can't write one to save my life.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Just use lots of euphemism. Like, in a draft of my work - I was like: "The car was parked forwards as a testament to last night when he was in a rush to get home to a needy wife, who had required him urgently for a certain matter. It seems she had lost something, and that is an observation I make by recursion - as that night, they lost some sense of tradition (after all, the car was always parked backwards - except this once), they lost their inhibitions... and their clothes. And they lost the opportunity to watch something on TV (not that big a loss, they recorded it anyway), to opt for more... carnal and fundamental behaviours that night."

I really liked that scene. Because it said nothing. But it said everything.

Teacher didn't like it, I took it out... regrettably.

HSC
"If there truly is somehow, an all-knowing force behind the universe that speaks to us through feelings and symbols, this realisation is certainly the greatest gift He has ever given me."

I'm still very excited to see what they will give my work =/, hopefully it's an e4.

moriarty

HSC
Underneath Heaven sat a great Chaos. The situation was excellent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)