last min study- help with dotpoint (1 Viewer)

Roors

HSC
heyyy
maybe this has been asked before, but im just wondering- this syl point is confusing me
its under

globalisation
-specific influences on global business
- evaluation of strategies with reference to a particular global market

whats it mean? what do we have to know?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
basically talk abt abt the various global influences, ie: financial, legal, political and social/cultural. then state the impact of it on ur particular global biz. and also tlak abt the strategies they used to combat the influences (negative influences) or to prolong the benefits of influences (positive influences)

but remember, must also show the disadvantages and advantages of these infleunces, ie: whether had a negative impact or positive on the biz.

evaluate means *to give ur opionion of the truth/importance of a concept. show the advantages and disadvantages*

Last edited:

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss

but remember, must also show the disadvantages and advantages of these infleunces, ie: whether had a negative impact or positive on the biz.

evaluate means *to give ur opionion of the truth/importance of a concept. show the advantages and disadvantages*
isn't it asking you to evaluate the strategies the B used, ie how successful they were, not evaluate the influences

Roors

HSC
ok, so we thats got to do with our business case study
not with the general course.
ok tanksss

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
And why does it say "global market" and not "global business"?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by FadeToBlack
isn't it asking you to evaluate the strategies the B used, ie how successful they were, not evaluate the influences
Originally posted by Roors
globalisation
- evaluation of strategies with reference to a particular global market

whats it mean? what do we have to know?
specific influences on global biz = finanaical,political, legal and social/cultural. its right under the syllabus dot point, if you dotnt mention the 4 categories, you will lose marks...

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Yeah i know you have to include the specific influences, i just thought the question said it wanted you to evaluate the strategies, where you said it wanted you to evaluate the influences

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
global market in this context just means the biz that ur case study that has been affected by thee influences operate at.....the syllabus cannot say *countries* nstead of *global market* cuz global market is a one step up from countries...and it presents the bigger picture.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
global market in this context just means the biz that ur case study that has been affected by thee influences operate at.....the syllabus cannot say *countries* nstead of *global market* cuz global market is a one step up from countries...and it presents the bigger picture.
oh ok, makes sense
thanks

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Yeah i know you have to include the specific influences, i just thought the question said it wanted you to evaluate the strategies, where you said it wanted you to evaluate the influences

well first of all you defiantely have to state the influencees think abt it, strategies used by biz is a reaction to/against the specific influence, so if u dont state the influence, and just state the strategies, then what are the strategies implemented for??? its lyk u cant have 2 and 3 without havign to start at 1.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
well first of all you defiantely have to state the influencees think abt it
Yeah thats what i said
Yeah i know you have to include the specific influences
So you're saying you have to evaluate the positive/negative impact of the influence on the business, and evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies the business implemented to minimise negative influence/maximise positive influence?

Edit: as opposed to describing the influence, then evaluating the strategies?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
well if the question says *evaluate the inflences on a global biz and its strategies implemented* then yes, because the directive term *evaluate* applies to both parts:

1. influences on global biz
2. strategies implemented...

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
but thats not what it says
"globalisation
- evaluation of strategies with reference to a particular global market"

lol nevermind, this is a silly argument
We can just see what the question says tomorrow :p

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC

hey fadetoblack..everytime i see ur name...ur avatar popps into my head.. hahaha
lol... it does that
glad to see it's still alive in the hearts of BoS'ers :p

now we just need avatars to be re-enabled, which wont be til after the HSC or something, ey
ahh well

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
the new male bosers are missin out.. hahah i remember ruhul tiled it .....and u would be starting at a scrrenfull of *them* ahahah
lmao, i always meant to make an animated wallpaper, i'm not sure if it's possible
I think it'd be a bit too hypnotic, anyway :p

Roors

HSC
ummm
welllllll
errrrrrrrr
ur arguement confused the hell outta me!! hehe
coz normally i write my notes under the syl dot points, and thats the only dot i have nothing written for. books confuse me!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
oh yeah... i rmemeber u saying abt a wallpaper... well u can... just go to properties...anc hoose *tile* instead of *stretch* or *centre*..

aniways i am off to stuyd.. was meant to leave 1 hr ago.. hhahah best of luck everyone!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Roors
ummm
welllllll
errrrrrrrr
ur arguement confused the hell outta me!! hehe
coz normally i write my notes under the syl dot points, and thats the only dot i have nothing written for. books confuse me!

ROFL! sorz roors...

i was applying the dotpoints to a question..

but u do realise that *specific influences on global biz* is lyk a whole big chapter while *evaluate strategies with refernce to a particular lgobal market* is lyk a little usbpoint under the chapter of *managing global biz*

hence the 2 are not meant to sorta link if ur just doing notes,

specific influences = purli ifnanical politican legal and social/cultrual while

evaluate strategies with refernce to a particular global market means evaluate financial, marketing, operations and ER strategies. in realtion to ur biz. why financial, marketing, operaion,s ER? because they are the main componenets under the chapter of *managing global biz*

clearer now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)