lat scores (1 Viewer)

L8L8

HSC
Hello
Me and my friend are unhappy with our lat scores. We have questions.
a) How to improve our lat score tremendously?
b) what lat percentile is required to get into unsw?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Hello
Where did u get that? Have they given them out yet?

L8L8

HSC
If we get an atar of 98+, is it viable for our lat scores to not be counted towards our enrollments?
Thank you in advance.

sheppy123

HSC
If we get an atar of 98+, is it viable for our lat scores to not be counted towards our enrollments?
Thank you in advance.
if you get a 98 atar, your LAT score will literally not matter

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Hello
median is 75th percentile which is about 70-75
Thank you in advance.
well it will matter less if you score higher on atar, @sheppy123 is just wrong. It works on something like a sliding scale. LAT scores will always count. But considering median is about 97/98 I doubt that

sheppy123

HSC
median is 75th percentile which is about 70-75

well it will matter less if you score higher on atar, @sheppy123 is just wrong. It works on something like a sliding scale. LAT scores will always count. But considering median is about 97/98 I doubt that
didn't actually mean it literally doesn't matter, you obviously can't get 40 and expect to get in.

sheppy123

HSC
bit of an exaggeration, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused

hubin

HSC
Hello

Hey, I definitely understand you and your friend's frustration. I just received my LAT scores as well, with an overall result of 96/100 placing me in the 98th percentile. I'm looking to offer tips and guidance with approaching the LAT. PM me if interested!

kingpalindrome

HSC
Tell me ur secrets?
What did u do?
I didn't do any prep specifically for the LAT - I'd already received an offer for Macquarie law so I wasn't fussed about getting a low result, and therefore took more risks with my writing. I think the main thing is to be yourself in your writing - don't try to wow the markers with James Joyce's vocabulary, instead wow them with your unique thinking.

For Section 1, the only thing I can think of that helped me get an advantage was reading the news as part of my daily routine (normally as a procrastination method) - the question was analysing some guy's argument against banning vapes, which I'd luckily done a bit of research for as part of my role on the student leadership council. I'd also done debate for a while, and all my subjects encourage critical thinking, so I'd technically been practicing my argumentative skills non-stop for the past two years.

For Section 2, we had to write a recommendation on whether an eco-lodge should be built or not. I took a massive risk and went down a creative writing kind of path - I fully embraced the role of environmental advisor, and formatted my response like an actual report instead of an essay (e.g. lists in some sections, using first person/direct address, etc). As a result I really enjoyed writing this one - I got really passionate in my writing about the impacts of the lodge, and fully immersed myself in the role.

Everyone's going to be writing at a really high level, so being smart or using big words won't set you apart very much. In my opinion it just comes down to enjoying what you're writing and being yourself. Don't let the stress get to you

gbk_<3

HSC
I'm hoping to do better next year 😭😭
Hope everyone was happy with their resulsts

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I didn't do any prep specifically for the LAT - I'd already received an offer for Macquarie law so I wasn't fussed about getting a low result, and therefore took more risks with my writing. I think the main thing is to be yourself in your writing - don't try to wow the markers with James Joyce's vocabulary, instead wow them with your unique thinking.

For Section 1, the only thing I can think of that helped me get an advantage was reading the news as part of my daily routine (normally as a procrastination method) - the question was analysing some guy's argument against banning vapes, which I'd luckily done a bit of research for as part of my role on the student leadership council. I'd also done debate for a while, and all my subjects encourage critical thinking, so I'd technically been practicing my argumentative skills non-stop for the past two years.

For Section 2, we had to write a recommendation on whether an eco-lodge should be built or not. I took a massive risk and went down a creative writing kind of path - I fully embraced the role of environmental advisor, and formatted my response like an actual report instead of an essay (e.g. lists in some sections, using first person/direct address, etc). As a result I really enjoyed writing this one - I got really passionate in my writing about the impacts of the lodge, and fully immersed myself in the role.

Everyone's going to be writing at a really high level, so being smart or using big words won't set you apart very much. In my opinion it just comes down to enjoying what you're writing and being yourself. Don't let the stress get to you
Ok
I think the eco-lodge killed me. I said they should build the lodge and my reasoning was kind of like ‘uhhhhh… the economy’

kingpalindrome

HSC
Ok
I think the eco-lodge killed me. I said they should build the lodge and my reasoning was kind of like ‘uhhhhh… the economy’
Haha yeah I would have found it very hard to argue for the eco-lodge, they didn't really give enough positives

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Also, I didn't write the lodge one as a report, instead just a conventional essay. If I recall I think they asked specifically for a report to that probs also killed me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)