Late Round Offers (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I've already accepted my Main Round offer, but I'd like to try to apply for some courses in the Late Round (ones that weren't in my original nine preferences) because of falling cut-offs, parents etc.
When I submit my preferences for the Late Round, do I still need to keep the course I've already accepted in my preferences or can I just leave it out and only put down the other courses I'd like to be considered for?
Also, if I get offered another course in the Late Round and I decide that I'd rather the Main Round offer, I don't have to do anything do I?

B-Ma

HSC
I had the same questions rang up UAC earlier, they said to accept your first preference (if it was the offer you got), and then place the course you want most at the top.
If you receive a late round offer as well, you can choose whichever one you prefer to study, if you pick the late round offer, you just ring up the uni and tell them you don't want it anymore.

Sasky

HSC
What are the chances of getting an offer for a course even if it's in the late round? I mean, I know that there is only a certain no. of places offered after the main round, but is it just given out to all those who applied and made the cut-off and it was in a course that had a vacancy?

Just how possible is it if u meet the criteria for the late round - i.e how many places will be left for ur 'vacant' course and won't people miss out 'cause there wont be enough?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ah thats the thing u never know- but late and final rounds offer placements in courses that havnt been filled for some reason or another, so they could have maybe one place left or maybe a bit more than that.

after that i think they would consider your chances if you did apply obviously on ur uai in consideration against other late and final candidates..

i was considering applying for late round, but ive accepted my main round offer- if i want to change i will have to do well throughout the yr and hope for a transfer, i guess im just not too sure of what i want even at this point

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
B-Ma said:
I had the same questions rang up UAC earlier, they said to accept your first preference (if it was the offer you got), and then place the course you want most at the top.
If you receive a late round offer as well, you can choose whichever one you prefer to study, if you pick the late round offer, you just ring up the uni and tell them you don't want it anymore.
but I still have to put the degree I've already accepted on my preferences list?

midflight

What happens if someone is planning on deferring whether that be their first preference.

In my case I want to defer for a year...so the course I was accepted into in the Main Round needs to be deferred by sending in the form.....Will I lose that place if I change the second preference to first without accepting my first offer?

kag86

HSC
N/A
If you don't accept your course they will give it to someone else. Safest thing to do is accept it. You can then change your pref around that's what i have done. Seeing as you would have accepted it, you do not have to keep it on your pref list. So even if you don't get another offer your uni will have records saying you have accepted their course. In order to defer you must have accepted your course by the date stated. You then have to contact the uni and tell them you want to defer, that should be done before you go to enrol. They like to get the info prior to enrollment day (you won't need to go to it anyway... if you defer) Hope that helps!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
kag86 said:
If you don't accept your course they will give it to someone else. Safest thing to do is accept it. You can then change your pref around that's what i have done. Seeing as you would have accepted it, you do not have to keep it on your pref list. So even if you don't get another offer your uni will have records saying you have accepted their course. In order to defer you must have accepted your course by the date stated. You then have to contact the uni and tell them you want to defer, that should be done before you go to enrol. They like to get the info prior to enrollment day (you won't need to go to it anyway... if you defer) Hope that helps!

this only applies if you dont get ur first preference though, if u accept ur first pref u cannot apply for late and final round offers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)