• Total voters

Ava

HSC
I'll vote for anyone but monkey Howard.

I have a feeling Howard will win again though... :rolleyes:

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Howard, becuase of the Governments excellent economic management over the last terms. They have lead Australia to its strongest time in history, with economic growth strong, interest rates low, no government foreign debt, and lowest umemployment rate is 23 years. Noone can dispute that, the are hard facts.

Plus the fact that Howard is a great leader and has made good decisions under tough circumstances.

Didn't Latham run a really bad Liverpool City council when he was in controll there??? He cannot run a local concil. How can he run our country??? Good question...

Paz

But from a social standpoint, John Howard's record is just appalling. I guess it all depends on the moral values of the voting populus - whether they value the social welfare of Australians and those in Australia or the national economic benefit.
I'd vote Latham if i had to, but i agree more with the Greens' social and foreign policy.

HSC
applying the laws of economics, you see that a high CAD is not really a concern for the gov.
strong growth from the howard gov has most probably generated this 'dangerous' CAD from strong imports to fuel growth, but the fact is, CAD as a percentage of GDP has actually fallen from 5.75% to 5% (from leading edge stats). with strong growth, comes an increase in CAD, but the proportion to which this CAD grows is what people should be worried about. if CAD growth was to out run eco growth, THEN we should start worrying.

EDIT: just found latest updates... CAD as a % of GDP is now 6%, as i said...growth still out grows the CAD

Last edited:

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Asquithian said:
1. Howard making wise decisons? Eh?

2. no government foriegn debt? Wtf how about massive individual personal debt for Australia? How about the highest CAD in history!

now tell me what those ecomic stats do for you

your still faced with expensive schooling...expensive housing...expensive heath...expensive university..

Alright stat time. Government debt is 4.5% of the total CAD. down from around 17 when labour was in power. The OECD (organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) states that while the governments ratio of a CAD is below 5% there is no threat to an economy. Wow!!

Lets go futher, the biggest component of the CAD is the Income section. This makes up 90% of the CAD. 95% of this income component is owed by the major banks and other finanical institutions. Nothing to do with the government. So who is to blame for the CAD...

Also if you knew of the great economist Kazean, you would also know that a high CAD when owed by the private sector shows a country strong in growth, and will result in higher living standards and his long run curve also explains that this CAD will reduce itself after a period of time!!

Australia is recognised as have one the best health care systems in the world. Where is it expesive?? Medicare, for what we get, that small fee is more that reasonable. How can you blame the housing boom on the Fed Govt.?? Another stat, average house prices in Sydney last month fell by 5.75%. Again, wow.

The school i attend costs me a total of $110 a year. Expensive, far from it. If you go to a private school, yeah it mayb expensive. But thats your choice.

Although I do admit the university fee's are high. and should hopefully be reduced. Agreed on that. But anything else for me??? keep fireing...

Your agruement has no substance.

disco

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
the economist dude is keynes btw...:p
but i agree with you 100%
cheers bud, i couldnt remember how to spell it. i will leave it spelt wrong with you correction!! thanx again :D

it makes sence doesnt it!! ;)

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Here is an articulate speech on why one should not vote for Howard. Especially important if you are Asian but are considering voting for Howard due to his economic policies.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/senators/homepages/first_speech/sfs-aou.htm

This being said, one must admit that Latham is not a particularly strong leader. Labor's policies are also fairly similar to Liberal's, if you look beyond those which are scrutinized in the election campaigns.

Personally I would vote for the Democrats if I had that privilege. Though the party itself is in a state of chaos, their policies are uniquely refreshing, and benefit a large proportion of the population.

Greens are also harmless, thought their reluctance to compromise describes them as unlikely ground-breakers in parliament.

Finally PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR LIBERAL UNLESS YOU WANT that ONE party TO hold the majority in senate next year. If the election puts them in favour, Liberal will hold about 38 seats, this is very harmful, since a government will have little concern for the opinions of other people (including the citizens) if they monopolise the Senate.

Is this propaganda? Yes. But it is well-argued-and-supported-propaganda. So please think carefully and don't abuse your right to vote.

lengstar

HSC
I'm from Fowler, second highest Labour heartland, and there is a situation that may go in favour of the Liberal Party. Currently the State Labour Party is in a situation where Bob Carr's Government and their handling of the Orange Grove Development against that of Westfields will cause questions to be asked about the ability of the long standing Labour Party which may in effect destroy any gains made by Labour federally in the upcoming election. Even if this situation is finally resolved, the ripples of sceptism towards Labour will remain. I predict that the Liberal Party will stay in government, and John Howard will not be Prime Minister for the entire term.

lengstar

HSC
mate it'll happen anyways. i doubt people will be able to discern the difference. i'm not voting, fuck it, i hate the government, can't change a thing.
there is going to be a lot of informal votes this election.
i wish labor would win.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
wtf?? ok, i know this is politics, but its sorta sounding like a beat up of the current government, now b4 u think i support them, i must say that im neither way, as with everything, there is good n bad...n yes, history paves the way for sum current ideas etc etc blaa blaa

neways, would it be much different with either government? considering these days liberal n labor seem to be quite similar, would the current anti-howard government ppl be the same about labor if they were in power instead of liberal?

yeh, the whole things shit, i dont give much of a crap about it, whoever wins betta do a good job, whether that be liberal, labor, democrats, greens (lol, ok, the last 2 were a joke, but u get my point....), so, yeh, they win, they do what they're meant to, n not crap on about promises...

ta, cyaz

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
who lives in the electorate peter garrett's up in? his eldest daughter is one of my best friends and i can tell u, they are one of the nicest mobs you're ever likely to meet. the three girls are sweet as hell and smart to boot, and peter is a legend. i'd take him over latham or howard any day,

but then i'd take merrick and rosso over howard. so latham. but i'm voting democrat with preferences to labour.

skulduggery

Techno rocker
HSC
Latham cos he's a change from Howard. He's got new ideas but his unpredictable nature could be a worry. Better than Howard the a**elicker, with his paternalistic git of a Foreign Minister Downer and loyal Treasurer-never-to-become-leader Costello!

Hmmph. I also support Labor over the Liberals.

morgang

latham No sense of morality

Lathan has no morality what so ever and would destroy this countries moral ethics if elected into power.

For a start he feels abortion is fine, despite the faxct that it is murdering babies who didnt have any say in the chance of living. Auys already allows 100,000 abortions and those bloody feminists who feel that this is ok makes me utterly sick. There are so many ppl wanting to adopt out there, y not give them the responsibility but let the child live. No one has ever in history had the power to kill an unborn child.

It is scientificcaly unethical as from the moment of conception that feotus is classed as human

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
morgang said:
For a start he feels abortion is fine, despite the faxct that it is murdering babies who didnt have any say in the chance of living. Auys already allows 100,000 abortions and those bloody feminists who feel that this is ok makes me utterly sick. There are so many ppl wanting to adopt out there, y not give them the responsibility but let the child live. No one has ever in history had the power to kill an unborn child.

It is scientificcaly unethical as from the moment of conception that feotus is classed as human
i didnt realise the abortion issue was so simple

thank god you've finally set the record straight

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
morgang said:
Lathan has no morality what so ever and would destroy this countries moral ethics if elected into power.

It's all about the right to choose. In principle, the left wing of the liberal party would support this right - it's only the nutty Christian conservatives like Abbot who speak out against general party policy.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
howard has done this country good, unfortunatly i have a feeling 'arm breaking pot head' (latham) will get it this year -- we'll see who comes crawling back....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)