LAW/ARTS OR LAW/SOCIAL SCIENCES (1 Viewer)

TrueAlpha

HSC
Hey,

I am intending on completing a bachelor of laws at uni with a focus on international studies/relations. If I am to study law at UNSW, I was wondering out of a double degree with arts or a double degree with social sciences which would be more beneficial to my desire to study international studies/relations, seeing as though there is no specific international studies/relations course.

Any help would be appreciated!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I am aware, the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws is a more common combination than the Bachelor of Social Sciences/Bachelor of Laws. Other than that, there does not seem to be much of a difference, especially since, in your case, the same Politics and International Relations major is offered under both the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Social Sciences.

I hope this helps! :D

TrueAlpha

HSC
As far as I am aware, the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws is a more common combination than the Bachelor of Social Sciences/Bachelor of Laws. Other than that, there does not seem to be much of a difference, especially since, in your case, the same Politics and International Relations major is offered under both the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Social Sciences.

I hope this helps! :D
Thanks so much, would you say there’s a benefit to doing a course that is more popular, or should it just be personal preference that I consider moving forward.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks so much, would you say there’s a benefit to doing a course that is more popular, or should it just be personal preference that I consider moving forward.
No worries. Since you would essentially be studying the same content within either degree as they both offer the Politics and International Relations major, there would not be a significant benefit from studying a more popular degree and you would be equally qualified. In addition to personal preference, favourable performance and work experience and the main elements that you should emphasise.

TrueAlpha

HSC
No worries. Since you would essentially be studying the same content within either degree as they both offer the Politics and International Relations major, there would not be a significant benefit from studying a more popular degree and you would be equally qualified. In addition to personal preference, favourable performance and work experience and the main elements that you should emphasise.
Thanks for responding, I’ll definitely keep these in mind!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)