Law transfer (1 Viewer)

Sock Puppet

HSC
What are my chances of transferring into law/arts after a year of just arts? The ANU website says that my tertiary results would be taken into greater consideration than my UAI, which was not that good (high seventies)...

Thanks in advance

Sammy-Blue

HSC
Your tertiary results would need to raise your combined score to the equivalent of a 95. I don't know if anyone here knows exactly how this is done but you'd need exeptionally good grades to get it that high from 70's (or so I would assume).

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Wait an additional two years and aim for graduate law, your UAI counts for even less then (I know at Sydney law schools it counts for 50% as a transfer and 25% as a graduate). I'm no number cruncher like Lazarus, but I don't think even a HD average would let you transfer into law after first year. Don't be too stressed about it though, personally I think if you get the marks to do it later on, doing law as a graduate is a better option. It lets you get more out of your arts degree, relax for your first few years of study and receive a more well rounded education.

Ero

HSC
Old topic I know, but exactly the same question. I got an enter of 91.4 and I was wondering how well i would have to go to be able to transfer to arts/law from arts after a year. Also from what I understand I could get arts/law by getting top 20% in the unitest, is this correct or am I mistaken?

Cheers.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ero said:
Old topic I know, but exactly the same question. I got an enter of 91.4 and I was wondering how well i would have to go to be able to transfer to arts/law from arts after a year. Also from what I understand I could get arts/law by getting top 20% in the unitest, is this correct or am I mistaken?

Cheers.
Law Website said:
Transferees: applicants who have completed not less than the equivalent of a full first year load of a non-law degree program in minimum time (whether full-time or part-time) at the ANU or another Australian tertiary education institution may seek to transfer to a program course with law. Normally, the combined program requires a further four or four and a half years of study.

As a guide, to be ranked for placement, applicants should aim to achieve a weighted average of credit or better (HD=7, D=6, Cr=5, P=4) in their tertiary studies. Some weighting is also placed on secondary results, so the lower the UAI score obtained the higher the tertiary results need to be.
That doesn't tell you much, I know, but anything more would be speculation. My gut tells me that you'd be competitive with a credit average. I don't know how the uniTEST works, but just take it regardless and see how you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)