Laws/Journalism Double Degree (1 Viewer)

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
If anyone knows can I get as much info as possible?

What unis offer it in nsw? UAI cut-offs? How long? etc.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Communications/Law is offered at UWS, cut-off 90

Not sure bout other unis.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Try UTS--I wouldn't be surprised if they did. USYD offers Media and Communications/Law which is 99.55 (IIRC--check it out too). So it's not really journalism as such but a good way to get into the media area and yes it does equip you for a potential journalistic career amongst other things in the media industry.

spence

HSC
Your best option would be UTS. The UAI is ~97, and they're known to be very good at journalism (second to CSU). Law there is apparently very good too. If you don't get that high, I'm not sure of your other options, but UWS would probably be the only one you could get into with 90

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Here's a hint: both of those degrees involve a substantial amount of research, and without even the most basic skills in this area you are destined for failure.

hYperTrOphY said:
Questions are fine, but you really should do some of your own research first.

missknightley

HSC
Bulldog4lyf said:
If anyone knows can I get as much info as possible?

What unis offer it in nsw? UAI cut-offs? How long? etc.

I thought any combined law course was over 99... that is for Sydney U, UNSW

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
hfis said:
Here's a hint: both of those degrees involve a substantial amount of research, and without even the most basic skills in this area you are destined for failure.
...although these kinds of 'journalists' will find success as a Current Affair reporter or as a reporter in New Idea magazine. That's probably where they usually end up.

tinamuffins

HSC
Does anybody know if there is such thing as journalism law, as in a double degree at sydney or unsw?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
tinamuffins said:
Does anybody know if there is such thing as journalism law, as in a double degree at sydney or unsw?
That would fall under the broad term of 'media law', I'm not so familiar with the law electives on offer at USyd or UNSW (look it up at the faculty websites or maybe someone here can help you out) but it's a common enough law topic that I assume it's offered at most law faculties in one form or another. You might even touch on media/journalism law issues in a subject like the law of equity (in terms of privacy issues in the media).

I'm pretty sure that under your journalism degree, that journalism/media-specific law is introduced too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)