Le parkour ( Art of movement ) (1 Viewer)

lewdogs

HSC
hey anyone into, heard of, or remotely good at this european phenomenon? i muck around with my mates when we are bored but can only do basic tricks like backflips and roundoffs...

anyone do those crazy high ledge drops?

HSC
my friend does a bit of parkour, apparently david belle came out to sydney not too long ago?

lewdogs

HSC
yeah i cant sa yi know much about the pro's i just do it mucking around and have seen a few clips on the internet. looks mad fun though and would be an awesome way to keep heaps fit... imagine if u got chased u could just like climb and flip off shit lol

tiong

HSC
Just signed up :)
I do parkour. I also bboy... (breakdance).
:)

pointless

Just around the Corner...wanna go for a walk?
HSC
lewdogs said:
hey anyone into, heard of, or remotely good at this european phenomenon? i muck around with my mates when we are bored but can only do basic tricks like backflips and roundoffs...

yeah ive heard of it.. ive been messing around with it for about 2 years or so very casually.. but nothing too major like urself....

actually there was a documentary on SBS in Sydney on the 14th or 15th of march about Parkour and the originating group called "Yamakasi" ....quite a physically demading sport/art form with a surprising amount of philosophical concepts, ( the belief that its a form of escape from reality) gotta love the clips though..

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Yeah, I saw that SBS doco. That was the first I'd really seen or heard of this sort of thing. I like it! I'd like to get into it a bit, but I have no one to learn off. I guess I could just start mucking around.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i fucked myself good doing parkour - broken shin, broken tibula and smashed knee cap in the one go, cant do it again, too bad, because it was alot of fun ...

well we called it "challenge" back then, haha, some of my mates and i would just go down to the park and dare each other to like jump over stuff and perform stunts, yeah the one who fails the "challnge" is teased by the group and is shamed with the word "unfullfilled" for the rest of the night/morning, yeah, good drunk super happy fun times they were ...

Last edited:
HSC
my friend scored doing a commercial just here in syd for the US -lols one time he broke his arm at school for trying to do parkour by jumping off a balcony. he landed arm-first.

matthiask

HSC
Yea i only do it in the off season, i dont want any more injusries lol. My mate is pretty good he teaches me a bit every now and then lol but overall i just do it for a bit of fun.:santa:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
lewdogs said:

Backflips and roundoffs aren't parkour. They're of a closely-related sport called Free Running; both parkour and free running are essentially the same, but parkour doesn't involve aestetically pleasing moves such as somersaults. This is because pakour emphasises natural, fluid movements to traverse an obstacle course as quickly and as naturally as possible and backflips and roundoffs don't allow for this. It was a major thing in the sport, causing the division that birthed free running. If ever you've seen Jump Britain which follows founder Sebastien Foucen, there's an incredible scene involving Wembley Arena ... also, he's apeparing in the next James Bond film as a terrorist named Mollaka who Bond chases through a construction site in Madagascar.

Check out this parkour video of David Belle in District B13 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIw3cv8Zls&search=parkour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)