Leading Edge Holiday Workshops (1 Viewer)

peony

so who is going to the holiday workshop at 28th the january ?
is it worth it ? NE one went there before ? if so how was it ? tell me about ur experience cos i am thinking of going.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
rukawasan?

:p

PM him. He is the sales agent of Leading Edge. *wink wink*

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
While I did economics in 2003, I didn't go to any of the leading edge eco workshops. However, I did go to a business studies one and it was run by the same guys within LE. It was sooooo worth it. They pack you up with tonnes of resources and are great at teaching too.

A mate of mine did the weekly workshops for eco and he thought they were great too.

But seriously, its worth a try. Think of it as buying HSC marks. Going to these things does help boost ur assessment and exam marks and so its the same as buying HSC marks. I bet if I offered you a way of paying for a higher UAI you'd accept...

deviation

HSC
i dont believe they are worth it.
I saw the notes that a friend of mine had and they were too simplistic and is basically a readapation of their LE textbook.

don't waste ure money. Personally i'd rather waste it on an MD :)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
dont go to the topic workshops... go to the exam strat one and the adv. skills one... also go to the one a week or so b4 ur hsc... they are damn good! esp the exam strat one...

still three words for all of u's...
LEADING EDGE EDUCATION

peony

dont go to the topic workshops... go to the exam strat one and the adv. skills one... also go to the one a week or so b4 ur hsc... they are damn good! esp the exam strat one...

still three words for all of u's...
LEADING EDGE EDUCATION
i am interested in the exam strategy workshop, but there is a couple of things i don't get. Why does it take two sessions each of 3 hours and 45 minutes to teach things on exam strategy ? can't they cover all the strategies for an exam in one session ?
rukawasan , since you have been to the exam strategy, can you tell me some of the exam strategies you learn from Leading Edge
education that is useful besides the cliche ones such as practise practise practise? Also, why do they have an Exam strategy workshop every holiday and are they the same ?cos there can't be so many exam strategies can't they or am i wrong ?

One more thing, what do you learn from the workshop called 'Advanced Economics" ?

i hope i am not asking too much

:D

p.s could someone make a reply as soon as possible because the workshops starts next week and i haven't enrolled yet.

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
personally i thought the exam strat workshop was the best of the lot... ur rite.. there arent that many exams strats... wot it actually does is it teaches u a comprehensive technique to produce a top-notch extended response... if u look at any eco exam/assessment... there are three sections... multiple choice/short answer/extended response... n if u done ur work properly... u should breeze through the first two... losing only neglegible marks... extended response is where most ppl who actually noe their stuff fumble... n lose alot of marks... ive seen ppl who studies heaps heaps heaps get 12/20 cos they dont noe how to write an extended response... this is cos because they studies so much... all they wanna do is show the examiner how much n hard they studied... n end up doing a very detailed but not entirely on-topic response... hence missing their potential... while others just recite the textbook word for word... so therefore alot of study wasted...
me n pigs both had these probs for the first two assessments... we studies heaps... breezed through mc n sa but stumbled on the extended response...
exam strat wkshop teaches u how to write a relevant, succint yet detailed extended response in 40min...
wot they do is teach u an acronym... GSMC XGUIDE GSLIC FM CLIPT...
n wot u do is u mentally run through it... n in 3min u should have ur essay planned... then u just ramble from ur memory... it bcomes so easy...

also it teaches u alot of tother lil tricks... eg. since u cant use pen during reading time... why not use ur finger nail to mark the multiple choice answers... lol.. lil cheap tricks like that...

Lainee

HSC
So they teach the same exam strats each workshop?! So then it doesn't matter if I go to the ones next week or the ones before trials, it's still the same? That can't be right...

Originally posted by rukawasan
since u cant use pen during reading time... why not use ur finger nail to mark the multiple choice answers...
Maaddd! Must implement that next exam. :p

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
the earlier u do it... the earlier u can use it...
however... cos ur doing it now... they wont b able to teach u the full acronym cos u wont have learnt a lot fo teh stuff... so they'll prolly modify it to work for topic 1 n 2

bong

HSC
ruka man, if u aint on the leading edge payroll... u really need to talk to them :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)