Learning about Politics (1 Viewer)

dionb2014

HSC
Hey Bosers,

Recently I have been listening to conversations between my sister and my dad about political issues that face Australia. My problem is I can have absolutely no contribution as I know virtually nothing about politics. Can you guys reccomend and websites, newspapers and especially TV shows that will help me to keep up to date on various political issues. I am particularly interested in economic issues but of course politics covers a much broader spectrum. Thanks for your help.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey Bosers,

Recently I have been listening to conversations between my sister and my dad about political issues that face Australia. My problem is I can have absolutely no contribution as I know virtually nothing about politics. Can you guys reccomend and websites, newspapers and especially TV shows that will help me to keep up to date on various political issues. I am particularly interested in economic issues but of course politics covers a much broader spectrum. Thanks for your help.
qanda.

when it comes on again

you'll feel smart just by watching it

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Australian qanda teaching kids to be pseudo intelligent since 2008

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You can usually pick up a bit of political knowledge just by learning about the structure of the Australian parliamentary system, and then finding someone interesting within the cabinet, and articles will appear about them.

Most political discussions are junk, anyhow.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
The best teacher is history in my opinion since history often provides a very strong indication of whether something will work and whether it's actually been attempted before. It would also pay to keep up to date with developments in various newspapers (do not rely on the T.V). Read some of the opinion columns and use your own critical thinking to form your own opinion. If you keep up long enough you'll begin to understand what drives a lot of the political decisions. A basic understanding of economics is also beneficial since a lot of politics revolves around the economy these days.

Blastus also made a really good thread suggesting some books if you're looking to learn a bit about libertarianism. Highly recommend economics in one lesson.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah they do

the audience is also selected carefully to mirror the australian electorate

they should put some far right wingers on there

im sure you'd get some colourful characters more than happy to weigh in on 'closing the gap'

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
tonight on q&a, malcolm turnbull, australian politican, noni hazlehurst, australian media personality and comedian, austina 'fuzzy' agolley ghanese australian video television host and savitri devi, esoteric hiterlist and advocate for the re-emergence of extreme paganism in european countries and the genocide of the jewish people

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I can't stand qanda anymore. Makes me want to head butt the tv sometimes.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
yeah they do

the audience is also selected carefully to mirror the australian electorate

they should put some far right wingers on there

im sure you'd get some colourful characters more than happy to weigh in on 'closing the gap'
The closing the gap scheme is fucking retarded. We have customers who claim Aboriginal heritage to get their already subsided scripts for free. And then we get the not stains who are aboriginal and refuse to go on it.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
muslims know plenty about politics, you should pay attention to them

and watch out for the media

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)