Left hand FBI agent rule (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
I need to learn this rule, I googled it and cant find any info. Does anyone have any good links to this rule, or can someone explain whats its used for?

cwag

adonis
HSC
N/A
to find the direction of the force in a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field...so the direction of a side in a motor....i sometimes used it to find the direction of the force when a particle is moving in a mfeild...however the I becomes the direction of motion, and if its an election then force is opposite.

F- thumb Force
B- index finger Mag feild direction
I- middle finger, Current direction

Shoom

HSC
N/A
So if my thumb is poinitng up on the left side of a motor it should be going clockwise.

My motor has three coils, do I apply this to all three coils?

But the way I connected the coil to oppisite commutator bars its hard figuring out the direction of current.

What do you mean the I becomes the direction of motion?

Im guessing for the otherside of the motor I gotta flip my hand around because off tthe B field direction. Im guessing tthepart of the finger close to thumb is N the part far away is S?

Last edited:

cwag

adonis
HSC
N/A
yes....same thing applies for n amount of turns...(the direction of current and mag feild is still the same in any turn, except obvioulsy the magnitude of the force will be larger)...hmm ur last part...i dunno...just follow the direction of the current from the positive terminal of the input.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Sorry you know the right hand palm rule , the palm is the N pole and the tip of your fingers is the S pole. We have to switch sides by flipping our hand around.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Ev64h49wg

See that motor, I need to know the best way to figure out the F and direction of it ( figuring out which way it will spin )

cwag

adonis
HSC
N/A
I dunno what ur syaing about the palm rule there? and that motor...i dunno man, it depends where N and S is..and it depends which direction the coils are wound....unless ur doing this for personal interest i wouldn't worry because u get very simple motors to find the direction in the HSC

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I got to make a presentation on this crap :( :(

As far as im concerned. its hard using these ahnd rules for complex motors.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL - I've never heard of it put as FBI Agent. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)