LEGT2751 Business Taxation (1 Viewer)

rand0m3r

HSC
has anyone done this course?

can u tell me about the difficulty and workload in comparison to legt2721 business transactions? like how many readings are there? and is it still problem-solving based?

i've got a feeling that it won't be as hectic as business transactions was... but not sure really

ricenoodles

HSC
I have a feeling it's gonna be more number-based which means no more skipping lectures and using i-Lecture :(

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Numbers based?

hehe, i woulda thought it was reallll wordy and we'd have to carry around huge taxation legislation books :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Business transactions is a cakewalk compared to business tax

There is A LOT of content, there's 3 textbooks (1 legislation, 1 casebook, 1 textbook) and you'll need all of them (considering the final exam is open book - which does not mean its easier). I strongly suggest that you don't skip lectures, as they are 3 hours long, and if you miss one, you wont know what the hell is going in tutes.

What else...yeah its more numbers based, but its numbers AND theory when answering questions in exams. The exam q's are problem based, but you have to use legislation + case law to prove what you are calculating

rand0m3r

HSC
wow that is scarey. well i'll reconsider doing it next session then, as i am doing 27uoc so i don't want to be doing heaps of hard subjects.

and also, i'm waiting for the new CA requirements to be released? do u know when they come out and are u aware if they are gonna scrap some subjects like the CPA did with business taxation? thanks.

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
rand0m3r said:
wow that is scarey. well i'll reconsider doing it next session then, as i am doing 27uoc so i don't want to be doing heaps of hard subjects.

and also, i'm waiting for the new CA requirements to be released? do u know when they come out and are u aware if they are gonna scrap some subjects like the CPA did with business taxation? thanks.
well they had better get it out soon :p i got biztrans sem1 and then bizentites & biztax sem2, both at once aint wise? i think biz entities was the one with beasty 3hr lectures on wednesdays

ricenoodles

HSC
Do the Business Taxation/Entities lectures go for the full 3hrs?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, Tax goes the full 3 hours, but you get a 5 min break and a 15 min break on each hour (if Dale Boccabella is the LIC)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)