Leisure Time? In Timetable Gaps.. (1 Viewer)

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Generally what do people do in like big gaps in their timetables.. I'm not gonna go home just to come back... Recommendations plz?

maz5

HSC
Good question! It's not like you can just pop over to Pitt street to do some shopping...
Broadway is a good walk away.
I imagine the library?

spence

HSC
Good question! It's not like you can just pop over to Pitt street to do some shopping...
Broadway is a good walk away.
I imagine the library?
Broadway's not much of a walk, I usually go there in my breaks. A lot of people go to Newtown

maz5

HSC
Broadway's not much of a walk, I usually go there in my breaks. A lot of people go to Newtown
How long would a medium pace walk take to Broadway or Newtown from the Main Quad per se?

HSC
Where do people usually go in Newtown?
There's the dendy if you have a break big enough to see a movie.

There are quite a few good and cheap eateries - especially the Thai places, but also Indian, BBQ Chicken, Lebanese, Burgers, Sushi Train and probably more

I think there's also meant to eb a great coffee place around there which I've never been able to find

HSC
Yes!

My dentist was telling me about it, and she definitely mentioned Missenden Rd. I'll have to try it this semester some time.

Cannot rep you again :(

sleepplease

HSC
Even better than Campos is a place called Naked Expresso it's attached to the Basil Gourmet Pizza and Pasta place... the coffee is extraordinary and if you're lucky to get there when the owner is in, he will amuse you endlessly.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
there's a non-pretentious movie theatre that shows actual movies rather than povvo indy films in broadway, ain't there?
yeah there's a hoyts in there somewhere.

other suggestions for breaks: going to the gym, computers in the library if you don't mind queuing for a bit, doing readings (if you're an arts student and are committed then this will take up large portions of your breaks), having lunch on a lawn somewhere, theatresports at manning if it's a thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)