Less than 95? Still got into ANU law? (1 Viewer)

rockstar01

HSC
Just wondering what some uais people have gotten into ANU law with that are below 95..is it possible to do that? and i am talking about no access or any other special benifits..

hasterz

HSC
dont think so...

try unis like western sydney or newcastle where the UAI is lower

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard at ANU open day they let in somebody who had a UAI of 94. however, u must submit a letter to the faculty of law by Jan 4th outlining why u should be let in, u need good english marks

Ribbon

yup, you better get to writing your 'motivation and aptitude to study law' letter and get it express posted tomorrow. Details about it should be in your UAC guide, in the ANU section where they give a brief description of each course

hasterz

HSC
townie said:
i heard at ANU open day they let in somebody who had a UAI of 94. however, u must submit a letter to the faculty of law by Jan 4th outlining why u should be let in, u need good english marks
thats the first time i heard of it...... i mean to me it doesnt make sense .. i thought the UAI cut-off was determined by the number of places in the UNI, so say there was 50 places available and say the top 50 people who applied got UAI 95 + , so then how could this situation arise.....

hasterz

HSC
hasterz said:
thats the first time i heard of it...... i mean to me it doesnt make sense .. i thought the UAI cut-off was determined by the number of places in the UNI, so say there was 50 places available and say the top 50 people who applied got UAI 95 + , so then how could this situation arise.....
wow what a helpful, clever and insightful post

minai, laz delete it plz,

thx

omg_a

HSC
hasterz -you can delete your own posts.

As Ribbon, who does law @ anu, has already said there is a system where you can apply even if you get under 95. It is in the uac handbook. but the date was the 4th january that you had to have them in by. What it means is that anu effectively sets its cutoff at 95, that it is not totally determined by demand.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You can get in with a UAI of 90, EAS at ANU is just a slab of 5 points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)