LET's bring some life to this forum!!! (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
ebonyv said:
hows pplz prepreation4 the hsc going??
i've literally only just started & i'm not getting far very quickly :(

aren't you lucky you got to do minamurra for ecosystems...i had to do that for the 2 seconds we did tourism....boring choice for tourism

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
small classes!

alby said:
just looked at all the posts, everyone on here has TINY classes!!!
Yeah its weird hey!! and whats with all these classes of three?? Believe it or not, there are three people in my class too, but i do it by correspondence, so i've never met either of them... so really im in a class of one... and anyway, all my classes are small the biggest one (maths) has 11 people.

malkin86

HSC
I think I had 16 in my class.. lol I forget! :D

For my case studies...
I do Towra Point and GBR
Sydney, Wellington, Dubbo and Erskineville
Dairyfarming - Ellerslie.

Teh

Heh, im in a class of 18
but next year, the school will have 2 geo classes doing the hsc...
i think its coz geo has a reputation for being bludgy...i mean...fun...

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
ok im really startin to stress now.. theres so much to learn its like modern history.. everything is so broad and they can ask u anything in the whole topic! thank god i know geo a LOT better than i do modern :) good luck everyone!!

ebonyv

HSC
N/A
some people think geo is sorta a bluge and so did i till the last 3 weeks.im fully packing it now i have no idea about tourism... does n e one know n e thing bout wineries

Tut Tut

weird...

lol, im starting to think half of you preople live on farms in the rural outback Australia!!!

any was, thought id answer the questions!
- im fine
- i love hsc course geo, mainly the topic urban dynamics because its my best of the three topics.
- i go to an all girls catholic private school in sydney
- i hated doing the sgp in the prelim course...it was pain in my arse!
- my class consists of 11 people, but the other yr 12 class has 17
- at graduation i got award with 3rd place in geography over all of our assessment marks put together
- i think im averaging at 92% at the moment, but i hope to blitz the hsc and get into the band6
- ive studied and done enough practice responses that i think i will cry if i dont get a band 6 in geo!!!

anywho, goodluck for the geo exam every1

oh, and for any quiries on tourism.... email me if you need to at sexylovebug35@hotmail.com, but i dont do wineries as the local case study....i dot Thredbo Alpine Hotel Resort, the snowy mountains.

Last edited:

Dj MuNgAs!

Old Skool
HSC
N/A
I Hate Geography

bro, i rekon geography is shit! I cant take it! Theres 2 much shit 2 study 4 & theres 2 much fukn paper of photocopied sheets! DW this is gonna make good for the fire @ d farm wen i go up! Thats the 1st thing i want 2 burn!

elisabeth

HSC
There are 11 people in my class, 3 of whom are girls - although I think one is dropping it :(

Our teacher is funny and fairly good at teaching, but he has other roles at school and probably 50% of the time he walks out and leaves us alone in the classroom. :vcross: It's annoying because he gave a big talk about we're in year 12 now, gotta work hard yada yada ya, and then he still doesn't bother showing up a lot.

I came first in year 11 for it :) I did pretty well in the assignments, but only got 80 in the test - I'm still pleased, because only 2 people passed. :/ Says a lot about his teaching...

To be honest, I find geography a bit boring... I like it how some of it overlaps with biology, because I've learned all the ecosystems/natural selection stuff there, so it's easier. I quite liked populations last year and development geography.

-Really- not looking forward to a big urban dynamics project on Gosford... some Christmas present!

malkin86

HSC
Hehe.. the other day, the milk was getting off. Dad said it was alright, so I drank it, and then gave him the biggest lecture about how dairy farming was getting so technological these days that even the slightest bit of difference in the milk is detectable... ;) I guess you had to be there.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
elisabeth said:
There are 11 people in my class, 3 of whom are girls - although I think one is dropping it :(

Our teacher is funny and fairly good at teaching, but he has other roles at school and probably 50% of the time he walks out and leaves us alone in the classroom. :vcross: It's annoying because he gave a big talk about we're in year 12 now, gotta work hard yada yada ya, and then he still doesn't bother showing up a lot.

I came first in year 11 for it :) I did pretty well in the assignments, but only got 80 in the test - I'm still pleased, because only 2 people passed. :/ Says a lot about his teaching...

To be honest, I find geography a bit boring... I like it how some of it overlaps with biology, because I've learned all the ecosystems/natural selection stuff there, so it's easier. I quite liked populations last year and development geography.

-Really- not looking forward to a big urban dynamics project on Gosford... some Christmas present!
We had 22 in year 11, now down to 18, and geog excursion tmr so YAY~

Michiru

HSC
We had 22 in year 11, now down to 18, and geog excursion tmr so YAY~
lol
i think our school beats it all
there was 6 ppl, 3 girls 3 guys, in yr 11; and only 5 this yr :(

firehose

HSC
Yeah Geopgraphy is so relaxed, my class (consisting of 8 ppl) just sit around whenever the teacher's late or away (and even when hes there too).. downside is the tendency to slack off and concentrate on other more harder stuff. still it doesnt matter to much as the assessment tasks largely involve essay writing (until the trial when ill need to pick up my act!)

And yes unfortunately Geography is experiencing declining numbers statewide... around the 5000 mark.. very sad. its particularly evident at my school as only 8 ppl do it while around 45 do eco, 85 do chem and 100 phys

BreakerGirl

hey fellow geographers

dezzy said:
C'mon fellow geographers!

How are we all?

What's our fave topic in the HSC/Prelim Course?

Best thing about geography?

Worst thing?

How many people in your class?
Whats your position?

Do you like your teacher?

POST AWAY!!!

I changed in to Geo at the beginning of the prelim course from physics and Geo IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! i love it!!!

my fav thing about the prelim course was the SGP!!! i got the top mark in the classs I was so stoked!!!

im not sure about what i like best in the hsc course we have only done tourism but that was pretty cool and studied the Aquarium as an economic enterprise!

everything in Geo is good!
but i dont like the skills much so they are pbly my least fav thing in Geo.

i think the is about 17 - 19 people in our class im not sure on the excact number but at the end of yr 11 i was second my 2 marks and the teachers son was first!!!! Im sooooooooo beating him this year!!!!!!!

but our teacher is pretty cool! he is very laid back and hell funny! we tend to slack off a bit with him though and sometime i feel like we are falling behind but he always seems to get everything done!!

thats all from me
good luck everyone in yr 12 this year!

HSC
firehose said:
Yeah Geopgraphy is so relaxed, my class (consisting of 8 ppl) just sit around whenever the teacher's late or away (and even when hes there too).. downside is the tendency to slack off and concentrate on other more harder stuff. still it doesnt matter to much as the assessment tasks largely involve essay writing (until the trial when ill need to pick up my act!)

And yes unfortunately Geography is experiencing declining numbers statewide... around the 5000 mark.. very sad. its particularly evident at my school as only 8 ppl do it while around 45 do eco, 85 do chem and 100 phys
yeah we have a normal class size but we're the only grade in about 2 years to have a geo class...the 06ers don't have a geo class either.
it's dying !

HSC
N/A
mmm.. geography.. hmm.. okay.. here come my answers.. not that anyone is going to read them.. but ohh well ::

How are we all: not bad

What's our fave topic in the HSC/Prelim Course: havent completed the HSC course yet.. but prelim.. would have to be.. well i dont have a favourite part.. it was pretty much a repetition of year 9 and 10 .. hopefully the hsc course is going to be better.. ohh.. wait.. the SGP was good.. cuz the topic was of interest to me!!

Best thing about geography? excursions :uhhuh:

Worst thing? class [sometimes] and the idea that we already know so much of the stuff..

How many people in your class? about 12.. therez only about 20 people doing it all together.

Whats your position? fellow geographer?

Do you like your teacher? .. *blank* .. we slack off every lesson .. meaning that we have to do the work by ourselves in our own time .. that is super frustrating!! lol.. no, but i guess most of my class isnt all that motivated either .. but our marks come out good .. thatz gotta count for soemthing!
well.. aparantly the teacher is thinking about a weeklong trip up to somewhere in QLD.. for the ecosystems and all of that.. so yeh.. it should be good.. however, it may SUCK too.. because we may have to go on school days [NOT AGIAN] !!
so anyway.. whatz been your most wonderful field trip?

Last edited by a moderator:

elisabeth

HSC
We went to Mt. Kosciuszko. Not the ski season, unfortunately. Went on an 18km hike to the top. Um, so not fun. The staying in lodge/travelling/being with friends part was good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)