Letters (1 Viewer)

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Love Letters

Do people still write them to those they love/like? or is too old fashioned, saved for V-day, or over run by sms? i guess the waiting game gets kinda frustrating, not knowing..

ive written my crush a note to give him the next time i see him..fingers crossed.
what do you think of this>> 'it's just the nearness of you' too corny? vague but not? what do you think he's reaction could be?

i love receiving letters, whether they be with romantic or friendship intentions. makes you feel extra special, and that feeling you get before opening it is ineffable :)

when was the last time you received or wrote one?

Last edited:

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
i havnt written one to a friend since school (last year) and havn't received one either :p

i've never really written a letter to any guys, usually just female friends (pretty boring, i know).. but my friend used to write letters to guys and i felt sorry for them cause they had to write back and had no idea what she was going on about.. :p

twiddla

Last time I wrote a letter a fair few months later we had a fight and gues what my beautiful poetry was distributed round my school - all the boys had so much fun with it and part of has become one of the big jokes of our year. So if u do make sure u never have a fight with her or alternatively just avoid it!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Me and my friend wrote a letter to this guy at school when we were in yr 8 or 9, later he only found out that it was me that wrote it and not both of us :eek:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
~Perfection said:
my friend used to write letters to guys and i felt sorry for them cause they had to write back and had no idea what she was going on about.. :p
so guys generally loathe the idea of surprisingly receiving a note?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I think they would be flattered or take it as a joke

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
veanz said:
ive written my crush a note to give him the next time i see him..fingers crossed.
what do you think of this>> 'it's just the nearness of you' too corny? vague but not? what do you think he's reaction could be?

I know I would love to get one, especially if he has no idea that you like him, i think it would be a nice suprise

Last edited:

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
thanks for the vote of confidence cactus. appreciate it :)
ive got the biggest smile on my face..

lengstar

HSC
i was a big letter writer in high school cause i found that i was more able to convey what i wanted to say through text then through speech. i tend to have long silent moments thinking about what to say and with text i can word it how i want it to so i can alter how it is interpreted, plus it was exciting wondering what the letter was about. i have two letter books to close female friends...which reminds me that i should start replying to them.
it does get tedious though. even friends couldn't be bothered writing in them. these days i blog instead cause i don't have to level of trust i once had with opening up my feelings and worries like i use to. but i still like receiving letters...they're cool.

twiddla

although yeah it is cool when u receive a surprise letter, note or present from someone - it gives u a warm fuzzy feeling, well it does for me newayz

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I write letters, usually only if im going away and im not going to see my bf for over a week or something we write each other letters so we can read them when we're apart. I dunno why i do it i just feel like i can express so much more on paper than i ever could through talking. And if its a good letter, then you can keep it forever :)

twiddla

Yeah they have posterity about them - some of the letters my grandfather wrote to my granmother while he was fighting in New Guinea were really cool

capsicum

HSC
i love receiving and writing letters myself! i used to write all the time, until my friends stopped replying and started emailing. but i think this special guy you have feelings for would feel pretty special and get the idea - unless he has no clue at all. but he does have some idea about how you feel about him, right?

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
lol no idea capsi..thats what im afraid of :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Letters are mad!!!

i'd love to receive a letter as wel.. but you gotta make sure that no one gets their slimy hands on it afterwards. cause it would be quite embarassing if the whole school finds out. and also make sure its sent to teh right person. or else little complications would arise... :p

on a personal note as a guy, just load on the notes. i'm fine with notes. as lengstar said, it is easier to express your feelings through text rather than speech. when you want to tell them, you could elay it, while on paper, it's written. it's like a contract if you got my meaning. then in those situations. you won't put it off. like changing what you were going to say.

hail the letter writers.........uummm yeh...just give him the note. he'd enjoy the note, and let's just hopehe doesn't take it as a joke, though most guys don't :cool:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Just remember that whatever you put in writing can come around and haunt you one day... I've never been a fan of writing letters to a crush, but I would only rather write letters to a person you're already in a relationship with.

twiddla

lesmiester_dj said:
i'd love to receive a letter as wel.. but you gotta make sure that no one gets their slimy hands on it afterwards. cause it would be quite embarassing if the whole school finds out. and also make sure its sent to teh right person. or else little complications would arise... :p

on a personal note as a guy, just load on the notes. i'm fine with notes. as lengstar said, it is easier to express your feelings through text rather than speech. when you want to tell them, you could elay it, while on paper, it's written. it's like a contract if you got my meaning. then in those situations. you won't put it off. like changing what you were going to say.

hail the letter writers.........uummm yeh...just give him the note. he'd enjoy the note, and let's just hopehe doesn't take it as a joke, though most guys don't :cool:
I must agree it is quite embarassing when the whole school finds out, tho if it has something funny in it - it can become quite humorous after some time

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
lesmiester_dj said:
yeh...just give him the note. he'd enjoy the note, and let's just hopehe doesn't take it as a joke, though most guys don't :cool:
thanks les.. cos i cant stop smiling at this fuzziness :p

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
Just remember that whatever you put in writing can come around and haunt you one day... I've never been a fan of writing letters to a crush, but I would only rather write letters to a person you're already in a relationship with.
hehe ive only written his initials on the front, and since im the one giving it to him, i havent signed it..and its uni anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)