library (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i just got an email off the library saying this book i borrowed is overdue, but i took it back ages ago :vcross: first time i borrowed books from that library as well, do they usually stuff things up? its a pain in the arse

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
the library is rooted up the bum.
if you're sure you took it back, I guess just go see them and try to sort it out
which library was it?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
its the huxley.....i better be able to sort it out at ourimah, cos im not going all the way to newcastle over some stupid book. how convenient of them to email me AFTER my exams finished

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
its the huxley.....i better be able to sort it out at ourimah, cos im not going all the way to newcastle over some stupid book. how convenient of them to email me AFTER my exams finished
I doubt you would have to go and see them in person. Just ring them up or email them if you can't settle it at the Ourimbah campus:). All I have to say is that the fines are too much:mad:!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
they found the book anyway

Merethrond said:
I doubt you would have to go and see them in person. Just ring them up or email them if you can't settle it at the Ourimbah campus:). All I have to say is that the fines are too much:mad:!
yeah i have $18 of fines i have to pay, thats my beer money!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
yeah i have $18 of fines i have to pay, thats my beer money!
They lost the book, so you shouldn't have to pay for it being late! Yeah, I got a $20 fine a few weeks ago:mad:. I hate waisting money like that:(.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Merethrond said:
They lost the book, so you shouldn't have to pay for it being late! Yeah, I got a $20 fine a few weeks ago:mad:. I hate waisting money like that:(.
the fines for the book they lost got cancelled, i incurred the other fines myself :vcross:

DV8

HSC
What's the go with the new 5 renewal limit... what a pain in the bum! Apparently if you bring the book in they will renew it for you anyways. If someone wants the damn book they can put a hold on it! :mad: On a side note it has gotten me out of buying 2 textbooks this year already :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yeah, but you can only renew them a maximum of 5 times before you have to take it back.

baker182

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Yeah, but you can only renew them a maximum of 5 times before you have to take it back.
Why dont you just go upstairs and throw the book off the top floor, walk outside and collect it :p Its yours for life

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i still maintain my record of never actually borrowing a book from the library, ive only ever used short loans.
although once i borrowed the catch 22 video cos i was bored

DV8

HSC
baker182 said:
Why dont you just go upstairs and throw the book off the top floor, walk outside and collect it :p Its yours for life
ew no I definately don't want to own these books (hence why I didn't but them)... I just want to exploit them for a month or two :p

rific

HSC
One of the courses everyone has to do in educ has a great text book, I think I know 3 people that definitely own it, the rest of us either looked at it and put it back on the shelf, or returned it within a couple days of buying it, it was a little funny around the assignment due dates, everyone was in short loans lined up to photocopy the same pages.

winicat

HSC
how come you didn't all just buy it then? i mean, you had to use it anyways .. or was it one of those ones where there's only, like, $2 of it you need and the other $120 of it was a waste?

rific

HSC
We had to use one of two scenarios from it for the second assignment, and each lasted all of 2 pages, and while they did assign weekly readings, well, that course has two lectures for it and it supposedly covers the text anyway. It helped that in the first tute, my class had the subject head guy and he pretty much told us that we really didn't have to buy it if we didn't want to, what with the cost of student living etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)