Linking Marketing with Employment Relations? (1 Viewer)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
How does the Marketing topic link with the Employment Relations topic?

Broad question I know. For example 'analyse how marketing strategies can be revised to achieve effective employment relations.'

Any thoughts?

Heiday

HSC
*Bump this. I wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts on this too :)

samwell

HSC
seano77 said:
Check effective employment relations syllabus and this is what u find:
-->Role of employment relations
-->communication systems
-->Reward
-->Training and development
-->Flexible working conditions
-->Measure of effectiveness.

-Quality of production or service is a role of ER to the business so if u change marketing stratergy the effectiveness of its implementation will depend on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Employment relations function.
-The Promotion Mix is highly dependant of the effectiveness of ER. For example employees with low morale and poor/rigid working conditions are less likely to work hard and meet the marketing objectives and the promotional stratergies of the business(Advertising/Below the line promotion and importantly relationship marketing)
-Changing marketing stratergies is a source of change which requires flexible working conditions from ER to effectively address the change and acheive market objective(More with managing change than ER). Higher morale increases flexibility to change and marketing stratergies.
-Distribution channels involve very well integrated network of communication which is an important element of effective ER.
-Measures of ER effectiveness is important as it is an essential part of the evaluation of marketing strategies(monitoring and controllling) so the measures of effectiveness are an indication of how the business is acheiving its marketing objectives. Without a healthy workforce financial constraint from disputation will lead to unachievement of the businesses key objectives.

Hope this helps with the links. I dont think my links are the strongest u can find.

michael1990

HSC
seano77 said:

Broad question I know. For example 'analyse how marketing strategies can be revised to achieve effective employment relations.'

Any thoughts?
The only thing i could say would be things such as cost centres.
um... global branding, but then it would interwine Global Business.

Please if anyone does know, do share.

Felix Jones

HSC
seano77 said:

Any thoughts?
i dont think u would get such a question, if u did u would not be required to link as they are two complely separate(in hsc astudies anyway) entities.

kesh1

HSC
N/A
How is the variable table/graph tested in HSC?
the one which highlights profit, loss, revenue etc.
Not sure of proper name though

samwell

HSC
seano77 said:

Any thoughts?
I did a HSC report question that required you to assess or design a marketting stratergy that would lead to effective ER. Soo expect anything from the HSC.

kesh1

HSC
N/A
seano77 said:

Any thoughts?
The marketing concept forms possible links with ER
Relationship marketing and Customer orientation are carried out by staff...
Could use ER effective measures e.g. quality... customer complaints highlight customer relationship ineffective

Marketing Objective of 'maximising customer service'... again has to do with ER.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)