Linking (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
So my report is coming up and one of the questions asks how my major work is linked to the english adv and ext 1 courses. My problem is that i see nothing that can be linked and my teacher is having trouble too. Basically the brief gist of my story is that its a guy who was abused as a child and now he has become a big personality disorder and schizophrenic guy thing - hard to explain. Does anyone have any idea how i could link this? i know it sounds dumb that i cant do it myself but ive thought about it so much im just going around in circles.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
So my report is coming up and one of the questions asks how my major work is linked to the english adv and ext 1 courses. My problem is that i see nothing that can be linked and my teacher is having trouble too. Basically the brief gist of my story is that its a guy who was abused as a child and now he has become a big personality disorder and schizophrenic guy thing - hard to explain. Does anyone have any idea how i could link this? i know it sounds dumb that i cant do it myself but ive thought about it so much im just going around in circles.
Ok, your advanced course taught you how to integrate essays, it taught you about basic schools of thought(critical analysis module), you also have genre which teaches you about society and its response to text and how a genre evolves, ext 1 would also have taught you independent research skills with all the reading, as well how to analyse blah blah...now that is just some chicken scratch I pulled together in a minute, I'm sure you could do something ten times better if you just stop and think how your english skills have changed since the 1st day of year 11, and how its been applied in your major work.

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Alternatively, you could call his schizo behaviour a sort of 'internal journey'. Perhaps mention something about how the abuse had long term effects (and tie this up to module C - powerplay)

J

jhakka

If you're doing genre in Extension 1, you can talk about how you used those skills to create your own work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)