List of HSC textbooks (1 Viewer)

IceOnFire

HSC
*emi* said:
you can say "i love blake" and people think you have a bf when REALLY you have no life and spend your weekend with your maths textbook HAHA

No comment, but Oks..:D

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Cambridge is often too had and time comsuming so just to the development q's, unless your going to do 4-unit. Fitzpatrick is an excellent book do as many q's as you need to or can.

Coronoes is hard like cambridge so dont get it. It depends if you find maths hard or difficult to understand then i would but either excel or Maths in focus by grove.

Terry Lee: 4-unit book has alot of errors.

Last edited:

*emi*

HSC
hmmmmmm
thanks for that
any comment on cambridge and excel 4 unit books??

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
*emi* said:
hmmmmmm
thanks for that
any comment on cambridge and excel 4 unit books??
My school uses Patel for 4-unit. But all the nerds in my grade have already done 4-unit Cambridge for fun. :( Everyone says it's quite good but use it with Terry Lee. The dux of ruse Lilly Zhang used cambridge 4-unit and fitzpatrick.

*emi*

HSC
they publish what textbooks the dux of ruse uses??
.... crazy

and seriously - who does cambridge 4u maths JUST FOR KICKS
... freaks

i am going to FAIL at 4u because i am up against FREAKS!!!
....*sigh*

how does cambridge and excel for 3u, and lee, cambridge and excel for 4u sound??
worth getting another 3u one.. or does the excel actually have notes (like the 4u one)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
*emi* said:
they publish what textbooks the dux of ruse uses??
.... crazy

and seriously - who does cambridge 4u maths JUST FOR KICKS
... freaks

i am going to FAIL at 4u because i am up against FREAKS!!!
....*sigh*

how does cambridge and excel for 3u, and lee, cambridge and excel for 4u sound??
worth getting another 3u one.. or does the excel actually have notes (like the 4u one)
Nah i got tutored earlier this year by her, yeah a few people at my school do 4-unit maths and maths comps for leisure. One guy at my school topped the UNSW maths comp and almost topped the AMC. I dont really like excel i use fitzpatrick, lee, cambridge and coroneos.

*emi*

HSC
what school are you at???
haha maths comp was a joke..
i got a credit BAHAHA
but then again... i drew a pretty picture of my hand which i was quite pleased with

GETTING STRESSED ABOUT YEAR 12

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
*emi* said:
what school are you at???
haha maths comp was a joke..
i got a credit BAHAHA
but then again... i drew a pretty picture of my hand which i was quite pleased with

GETTING STRESSED ABOUT YEAR 12
Penrith Selective but it's one of the lower ranked selective schools 25th it jumped from 50th, Maths comps arent a joke especially the AMC at my school most people got high distiction or distinction.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
And what did you get Wooz? My teacher says that I got a HD, but haven't seen the proof yet.
I didn't do it because im graphically challenged. But everyone in my class who did it got a distinction or above. You should see Ruses results like 70+ HD last year.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Anyone care to do some reviews on the aforemention list of textbooks.

I know some people have already commented on the Fitzy and Cambridge Textbooks, good job guys. :)

I'm especially interested in hearing if the SuccessOne past papers for Chem, Physics and Bio are good.

or Can anyone recommend some good past paper with solution kind of text books for the above mentioned subjects?

As for maths, I'm using a combo of Coroneos, Fitzy and Cambridge.

sweet fairy

HSC
We got these really good K.I.S.S (keep it simple science) books in chemistry for the prelims (actually they were photocopies) but they were really good.

Anyway does any know the ISBN number's for all the K.I.S.S HSC chem and physics topics? coz I looked everywhere and can't find them??!:confused:

Soul Searcher

HSC
Those copies are just simplified summaries of the course's content, but with no doubt are inevitably handy and simple to grasp an understanding on. There are K.I.S.S copies available for the HSC course, in which your school should already have or will transfer to you.

The best biology textbooks are: (in order)
-Biology Jacaranda HSC
-Biology in Contexts: The spectrum of life (2nd edition)
-Biology Spotlight
-Biology Heinemann
-Biology Pathways HSC

These are the most sophisticated, well presented and most correlated with the text's information and the Biology HSC amended 2002 syllabus.

Enjoy! SoulSearcher, i'm out to get you! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)