Listening Task - Death and the Maiden (1 Viewer)

StaceyK293920

HSC
Hey guys. Has anyone done a listening task for English and tell me how it is e.g. the questions asked, the extended response in the end etc.?

Also how do I estabish the main themes within the topic Death and the Maiden? I just need a few themes. It would be greatly appreciated if you help me with this, as I'd probably add those themes to the introduction. Right now, I'm a bit confused :mad1:. This task counts quite a fair bit to my report, so every single suggestion or help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

bored of sc

HSC
For listening you have your normal language techniques in the spoken stuff i.e. simile, metaphor, multi-sensory imagery, but also auditory (sound) techniques including:

> dialogue
> silence
> monologue
> sound effects
> diagetic sound
> tone of voice
> rhythm (including duration (lengths of sounds/silences)
> pace/speed
> consonance/dissonance (i,e. sounds pleasing to the ear/ sounds unpleasant to the ear)
> layers of sound
> pitch
> volume
> music - pitch, duration, texture, dynamics and expressive techniques, tone colour, structure
> NOTE: the language technique that are categorised as sound are important as they have very powerful effects as they are designed to be spoken and heard (e.g. alliteration, consonance, assonance, onomatopoeia, rhyme, repetition, rhythm)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)