live action Dragonball movie (1 Viewer)

.deimonic

HSC
risole91 said:
I was going to say use muscley people..

But i assume you mean how there muscles expand when powering up?
if so great question!!
Yep that's what I mean. lol does my eng suck that much?

Well anyway it'll be funny to see them try to pull that off, also wondering if they're gonna do any of the aura stuff. You know like when they power up.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
*checks posts*

Dammit .

mr.brightside already used the over 9000 joke.

X

xeuyrawp

shinji said:
if only michael bay did this movie...

Transformers was fkkin epic.
Transformers is compatible with live action. The robots could just be created however the designers would like, because we're used to seeing robots in many forms. The people were just ordinary people who ran around looking normal.

The problem is that most of DBZ and anime/cartoons like it is that there are integral human aspects. All the characters wear odd clothing, have weird features, have strange powers, which doesn't translate into live action at all.

That's why, in the recent Superhero flood that we've had (X-Men, Spiderman, etc), the designers just ditched all of the cartoony aspects. Dunno how they'd do that with the Dragonball characters, though, because their appearence is essential to the story. Getting big hair, being in armour, is important.

Anyway, they'll either ditch a lot of the aesthetic aspects, or the film will be shit. I'll still see it, just because of:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
whos the villain?

PICCOLO? MR SATAN? TIEN? raditz? vegeta? frieza? GARLIC JUNIOR? THE ANDROIDS? cell? buu?

fark
Piccolo is the villain. This site has pics and things. No official trailers out yet, though. http://dbthemovie.com/category/pictures/

Also, http://www.dragonballmovieblog.net/category/image/ - click on 'comments' to view the pics. They have on-set pics, etc. reminds me a bit of the DOA live action movie.

They also say that there's gonna be a sequel.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
The characters better be hawt :eek: because they dont look all that good in the some of the pics :\

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Imagine the abomination they could do with Dragonball Z. I mean, Dragonball is already getting the shit kicked out of it. This is almost as bad as when they turned Gohan from Super Saiyan 2 Second Coming of Jesus into Saiyaman with a helmet...who studies *shudder*. Why would you study if you could blow shit up with your motherfucking hands?!?!?! Why!??! It felt like some cheap scapegoat to get kids to study harder.

Also, can't they even make Piccolo remotely green? Not some faded yellow crap?? Honestly. I mean, the Bulma hair treatment is...acceptable, Although a darker blue might of worked....But whatever. I think, as idiotic as this may sound, This film failed the minute a White Goku was cast. Sorry, I have no faith in Chatwin or whatever his name is.

HSC
the budget is more than $100 million, so i hope the action scenes are good. But not keeping my hopes up, nothing would be as good as the anime.

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
so party ppl, the official release date is 9th of April, is there anyone out there who is actually pyched for it, despite the fact that it looks nothing like the anime?

D.Alchemist

HSC
Dragonball and DRagonball Z were good but this movie is like a kick in the nuts. OUCH

gella

HSC
i wanna watch it
saw the trailer for it; curious to see what itll be like. hmmm

Last edited:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
If Uwe Bolle shat something out besides his films, it would be this.

greekgun

HSC
i only watched this movie due to the fact that any dragonball/dbz fan has to watch it, it is a given
but on that note it rly sucked balls
they have absolutley ruined dragonballz for any future generations who have watched this movie before the series.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
They must have seriously been running out of ideas in Hollywood to take DBZ, throw 100 million at it and make the damned thing. Seriously, who watches that show and goes - I know - this would be GREAT if we made it REAL. For god's sake, one of the characters is a talking pig.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
They must have seriously been running out of ideas in Hollywood to take DBZ, throw 100 million at it and make the damned thing. Seriously, who watches that show and goes - I know - this would be GREAT if we made it REAL. For god's sake, one of the characters is a talking pig.
you got that right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)