Living on-campus (1 Viewer)

sunnybuns

HSC
oh sorry i thought u were..but that doesn't affect it too much. I have friends from hong kong who are domestic and got in. Also, we have a lot of people from zimbabwe who get in every year. For the most part, it seems if you live overseas you get in

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
Hi, does anyone know when Cromwell release offers. I'm really hanging out for one after recieveing my QTAC offer. Fingers crossed.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Yeah I rang them the other day and they said that Cromwell offers should be made around friday though to monday of this week and into next, because they have to wait to have confirmation from QTAC that you got in.

Also, I heard that QTAC were releasing offers at 9am, so being in London I've just checked it (11pm though to 12am) to see if I have an offer, and it just says:
"Your application has not yet been considered for an offer in a tertiary quota place" Should I have heard from them by now???

Thanks

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
Pommy babe said:
Yeah I rang them the other day and they said that Cromwell offers should be made around friday though to monday of this week and into next, because they have to wait to have confirmation from QTAC that you got in.

Also, I heard that QTAC were releasing offers at 9am, so being in London I've just checked it (11pm though to 12am) to see if I have an offer, and it just says:
"Your application has not yet been considered for an offer in a tertiary quota place" Should I have heard from them by now???

Thanks
Thats the message that came up for me before offers had come out, so it sounds as though offers havent come out for you yet - although that is strange, because they came out about 10pm last night for us which is about 14 hours ago. Anyway good luck for your offers!

Thanks for the info about Cromwell, im shitting myself so much, i just so hope i get in!!

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
Oh my gosh!! Hugh Begbie just rang me! I GOT A SPOT (its in a 5 room housy thing though, but it shouldnt matter)!!! Cromwell 08 here we come. So excited. Good luck to all those others waiting.

nedrO

HSC
What OP/UAI did u get hoscar01?
What course are u in?

I got an op 4...

The suspence is pretty much killing me.... I want/need to get in to crommie so bad. Not to mention that my room in the flat i live in now has already been rented out after the end of feb...

Anyone been called up and told they were declined a spot yet?

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
nedrO said:
What OP/UAI did u get hoscar01?
What course are u in?

I got an op 4...

The suspence is pretty much killing me.... I want/need to get in to crommie so bad. Not to mention that my room in the flat i live in now has already been rented out after the end of feb...

Anyone been called up and told they were declined a spot yet?
Hi Nedro, i am a tertiary transfer student, which means UAI isnt really applicable to me. But i got into the bachelor of dental science course which requires an OP 1 plus a good UMAT score. I think this is the reason he has put me in this housey thing, i hope someone can provide me with some more info about this. Also i am an interstater (coming from ANU) so that would have helped my chances. Are you from QLD?

Good luck getting into crommie! Hope to see you there next year. What course did you get offered?

nedrO

HSC
Ahh that makes me feel a bit better hoscar01.

I got into engineering... I live in QLD, 3 hours from brissie, i dont really have my parents to rely on.

I'm pretty well rooted if i dont get into crommie, i sold my car to be able to pay the first instalment of fees, but if i dont get in and have to rent something in the burbs, i'll be stuck with public transport...

Did anyone have an interview with Denis (the dean)? I've never met Bigbie.

*CROSSES FINGERS*

Last edited:

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
nedrO said:
Ahh that makes me feel a bit better hoscar01.

I got into engineering...

I'm pretty well rooted if i dont get into crommie, i sold my car to be able to pay the first instalment of fees, but if i dont get in and have to rent something in the burbs, i'll be stuck with public transport...
That sounds pretty hard core - GOOD LUCK!!! I really hope you get in. Engineering should be a pretty cool course, my bro does it at ANU.

nedrO

HSC
WOOOOOOOOOT!

Begbie just called, I'm in at Cromwells!

Such a relief to know it all worked out.

hoscar01

HSC
N/A
nedrO said:
WOOOOOOOOOT!

Begbie just called, I'm in at Cromwells!

Such a relief to know it all worked out.
Awesome Nedro!! See you at o-week.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
WOO HOO!
I got an offer.. i just rang up, and i've got a deluxe room in Cromwell, the dean was SO nice, he could not have been friendlier.

OMG cannot wait!
See you all at O-WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev

stix
HSC
The dean is a chunt. No doubt about it, honey.
PS. If it's the deluxe room i'm thinking about with aircon, that room got alot of action last semester, even on the chair ;) haha.

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Why do you say that?
And nice.. thanks for that, things is... it'll probs be getting a lot of action this year too :p lol

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
Lol, well the thread got interesting.

But anyway, Pommy babe you are the only person I know in my position of domestic student that lives overseas.

So I was wondering we have to enrol in classes by Feb 8th, but we need the enrolment package so we can sign on to the University website to pick courses. The last piece of mail the university sent me took a month to get to Canada, which means I wouldn't receive it till after the deadline do you have this same problem?

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
We have to enrol by the 8th? I don't know, i missed out on the first round of offers for Commerce, because I didn't have the maths, but I was told I could do BA, take maths and economics and then pick up the comerce course in semester 2 which is wicked cos i've already done economics. The dean at Cromwell said I'll def get a place in the 2nd offer round for BA, ergo he has given me a place at Cromwell. So I haven't actually received anything from the Uni as of yet, because the second round of offers aren't made until Feb 1st and i'm flying out on the 6th so i should arrive on the 8th feb :S (my enrolement will probably be later than yours cos it's a second round offer.)

They might be able to send you your enrolement package over the internet, for you to print out. Thats what Cromwell did for me. I don't know what i'm going to do :S ... when abouts are you getting there (Aus) because I'm coming over by myself. And are you going to be staying in Cromwell college as well?

Try and ring up UQ, they're really friendly and helpful, see if they can send you some of the basic stuff like user names and passwords so you can at least choose your subjects before you get there.

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
I'm not in Cromwell but International house, that I got through e-mail.

But yea for classes I was looking on the website it says 8th Feb, for domestic students. I guess it could be different for 2nd round offers, they don't seem to accomodate to well to domestic students who are living out of country.

I guess I might try call them early next week, since there is a penalty for enrolling late..

I'm leaving here the 10th arriving there on the 12th I believe. Got a day or two before I can move into Res. Got so much to do, and so little time to do it :)

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Blitzer said:
I'm not in Cromwell but International house, that I got through e-mail.

But yea for classes I was looking on the website it says 8th Feb, for domestic students. I guess it could be different for 2nd round offers, they don't seem to accomodate to well to domestic students who are living out of country.

I guess I might try call them early next week, since there is a penalty for enrolling late..

I'm leaving here the 10th arriving there on the 12th I believe. Got a day or two before I can move into Res. Got so much to do, and so little time to do it :)

-Luke
Mmm yeah I know what you mean about the whole domestic students living abroad thing lol.

And ditto about so much to do, so little time... i only decided I actually wanted to go to UQ the other day even tho I had applied ages ago. I've got to pack EVERYTHING up and sort out shipping/flying it all out cos I only get 20kg allowance, I mean thats NOTHING. I can use that going away for a weekend :D LOL.

Carly :)

Blitzer

HSC
N/A
20kg? That's it? I think I'm allowed 70kg flying Qantas. Then I'm going to try and shove as much as I can in my carry on luggage. I'm doing my best to avoiding shipping anything down there.

Just taking clothes and laptop though nothing else. :)

-Luke

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Blitzer said:
20kg? That's it? I think I'm allowed 70kg flying Qantas. Then I'm going to try and shove as much as I can in my carry on luggage. I'm doing my best to avoiding shipping anything down there.

Just taking clothes and laptop though nothing else. :)

-Luke
:mad1: I just wrote a reply and it didn't send, and then refreshed before I could send it again.

Ah well it was along the lines of:

Yep, I have 20kg...
You have 70!!!!!!!!! :eek: How did you manage to get that amount? Did you say you were migrating or something? Also you don't need that much cos you're a guy lol... girls have far more clothes.. and shoes :).

I'm taking clothes and laptop as well,and maybe my tennis rackets and other stuff like towels, which I need to bring aparently and.. a doona.. lmao, (duvet) ha it's going to be jokes learning al these new words.

Carly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)