Locus?? (1 Viewer)

Bepps

Hey all,

I hate the locus. I get really confused because it seems to me that there is no set form to what you're supposed to do, it changes every time.
If anyone has any general rules they follow i'd really appreciate it if you would share....yes i'm starting to freakout!!

Thanks

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
a general tip: practice!!!!!

also, basically understand that for locus problems, ur tryin' to get the restriction into an equation...

hmm...thats all...:)

Affinity

HSC
for P(x,y) to be on the locus,

insert the conditions the gave you in equation form

solve the equations, eliminating the parameters so that you get an equation with x,y being the only variables

Dangar

Originally posted by Bepps
Hey all,

I hate the locus. I get really confused because it seems to me that there is no set form to what you're supposed to do, it changes every time.
If anyone has any general rules they follow i'd really appreciate it if you would share....yes i'm starting to freakout!!

Thanks

I can understand.. these questions are my biggest bugbear as well. I seem to get halfway through and then I'm just overwhelmed by the whole question and the whole page suddenly just looks like a huge mess of p's and q's. But when I work through it with the answers I often find that I was getting closer and maybe if I hadn't decided it looked too complicated I would have got there, so my only advice is to stick it out and keep trying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)