Log-Book Layout question!! (1 Viewer)

annliveshere

HSC
Hello children!
Our 'log books' for extension two is a giant A4 folder, you know, with the plastic loose leaf things? And anyway, I was wondering how people are sort of organising theirs? cause I've got categories, like
a journal log
influential styles
practice peices of short story writing
teacher handouts
research
and more research

so should these be in separate compartments (with those tabbed peices of carboard) or should it all flow in chronological order of when I did things??

BTW, I've only written the first draft of a prologue. i feel so behind. am i?

xo

HSC
Wow that sounds like a fabulous idea...my log is more messier and uncatagorized..just a plain lined book...though i have random things scribbled that i'm not sure where or if i should include in my log, like some of the catagories you have enlisted...

I reckon that it'd be better in seperate compartments but thats just me....

either way i think you should pick withever suits you most...i'm sure if markers look at most log books they are hardly readable but, as long as they can see you've created your work...so pick which ever you feel most suitable with how you will be using your log.

Dave2007

HSC
Mine is organised chronologically.

Basically each entry is contained within a sleeve. Within that sleeve there is the journal entry (either hand-written if done at school, or typed if at home), and usually i chuck in something else to flesh out, e.g. a draft script, a helpful article, handouts from teachers etc...)

Its not the most easy-to-use system for a marker, but for me it works quite well.

Before i have to hand the whole kit in, I'm going to devote some time to prettying it up so everythings in individual sleeves and is looking good. As all the teachers say the journal creates an "impression"

miss-smexy

HSC
Mine is also organised chronologically, but everyone else in my class has organised it in sections eg medium, concept etc.

Depends what works for you.

and yeh i stick practically everything in it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)