Login to UniSyd wifi,how? (1 Viewer)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
How do we login into the unisyd wifi network?
Do we use our unikey and our uni password?
because i've done and it did not connect

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
if it's a phone, that should work fine. If it's a laptop, sometimes you need to take them to the IT guys to help set them up on the uni system.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
UniSydney just needs your unikey and password.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
it's a phone unfortunately
also i can't login into the pcs at uni as well using my unikey
I tried to login into those computers in carslaw building

Roy216

HSC
well at tut today in the computer labs, I learned that if it's the first time logging in, the user is your normal unikey username but your password is your student ID then when you go in you gotta change it using some fucked up way. I don't know if it's the same with the wifi but give it a shot

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
engg1801?
Yeah i read the lab exercise and it mentions how to set up password for the first time at the labs.
i will try it tomorrow when i have my lab

how was it?

Roy216

HSC
engg1801?
Yeah i read the lab exercise and it mentions how to set up password for the first time at the labs.
i will try it tomorrow when i have my lab

how was it?
Yeah that's it, Ah you have the Friday one? i had that first but was able to change it to thursday and get only 2 hours on Friday. Eh it was pretty good we didn't have a teacher though, neither did the other lab, I think it was because of the strike but they told us labs are still on... but we did the work anyway. Wasn't too bad the excersise tells you how to do everything, just got a little difficult towards the end though.

_pikachu

HSC
well at tut today in the computer labs, I learned that if it's the first time logging in, the user is your normal unikey username but your password is your student ID then when you go in you gotta change it using some fucked up way. I don't know if it's the same with the wifi but give it a shot
The password = student ID thing is only for people enrolled in a course in the SIT department and it's different to the unikey. I think its only for logins at a SIT computer
and if anyone wanted to know the "fucked up way" of changing your password:

Go on Command-Line Interface, enter without the quotation "passwd", enter your SID number (old password), type new password (when typing, nothing will appear on your screen), retype password

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
yeah, i still can't login into unisyd wifi and library's computers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)