lol @ joint strike fighters (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
We really ought to be getting F-22's. We don't rely on numbers, we rely on quality, and as is, the F-22 is the best.

Until then, intermediary squadrons of F-35's which can be relegated to strike tasks later when F-22's are finally aquired is probably the best choice.
Do you not understand that America will NEVER sell the F-22 until they have something better?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
Plus I mean from an aviation point of view I would probably think the eurofightere would be little more 'real' to fly than the F-22's, less computer control etc.

Cheers
You'd be wrong since like all other modern figthers the eurofighter would be impossible to fly without computers. Also if you want to go to ADFA and become a pilot shouldn't you have applied and been accepted pending your UAI by now?
banco55 said:
I thought we needed the f-35 to be able to bomb Indonesia if needs be? The f-22 isn't designed for that sort of mission is it?
This is actually one of the smarter comments in this thread. The F-22 is an air-superiority fighter, not a strike fighter like the F-35B or F/A-18s and F-111s it's replacing.

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
Riet said:
Do you not understand that America will NEVER sell the F-22 until they have something better?
If Israel could afford them they get their hands on them.

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
Riet said:
I don't think that. I think that we'll need to wait five or ten years until they start upgrading them and then we'd get a stock standard model. I think America will start selling them to us eventually, especially if the situation in Asia starts to get worse.

Riet said:
This is actually one of the smarter comments in this thread. The F-22 is an air-superiority fighter, not a strike fighter like the F-35B or F/A-18s and F-111s it's replacing.
If you'll note I said something similar - that the F-35 should only be used in the fighter role until we get F-22's.

ASNSWR127

HSC
Riet said:
You'd be wrong since like all other modern figthers the eurofighter would be impossible to fly without computers. Also if you want to go to ADFA and become a pilot shouldn't you have applied and been accepted pending your UAI by now?

Perhaps if you had read I do not want to be pilot, rather a nursing officer in the RAAF and yes I got through my JOES day for that already (waiting for 1st semester of BNurs to pass before continuing with application - got into ADFA but could not stand that!)

You ever flown an aircraft? a eurofighter? a F 22? No I don't think so. Do not make such stupidly assuming comments. Of course the computer is involved - for those of us that have an affection for aviation this is taken as given, it was the degree to which it was involved and at that only pure innocent speculation.

By the way the F22 is an air superiority fighter, guess what air superiority means?? getting rid of the enemies ability to resist aerial operations. Does this involve striking targets on the ground?

You bet.

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
The F-22 does have some ground attack capabilities - but using them takes away space for their real role in destroying enemy fighters in the air. There are less expensive and more practical planes to use for ground attack, for example, the JSF.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Why the hell does Australia want raptors for?

It cost shitloads and is an even bigger nightmare to maintain.

Who does Australia plan to bomb to want an expensive stealth fighter designed for air superiority against an advanced enemy?

F-16's are more than adequate for defence.

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
Nope. The Indonesians have just purchased the new Sukhoi, that handily outdoes the F-16 and more than likely the F-18 Super Hornet. Maintaining a small force of Raptors up North is an excellent deterrent and potent air superiority force if ever necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)