Lone Wolf and Cub (1 Viewer)

HSC
Building up my love for foreign films, this has got to be one of many great films i've seen and in my book, i must say that it out does many, pretty much all hollywood films and it tops other films in Samurai cinema and is carried by a great story.

The Lone Wolf and Cub chronicles carries over many titles
- Sword of Vengeance
- Baby Cart at the River Styx
- Baby Cart to Hades
- Baby Cart in Peril
- Baby Cart in Land of Demons
- White Heaven in Hell

These movies used to be aired all the time on SBS, however these days they air really bad romance and/or crime films.
I would love to watch these films again.

icecreamdisco

HSC
i saw them all on DVD at my local Video Ezy, actually.

i've been meaning to watch them for ages; ever since they were first shown on SBS.

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
I’ve only seen River Styx. Suprafly I’ll lend you The Seven Samurai. It's an incredibly good film (especially for one that involves Samurai), technically accomplished and beautifully shot. Well worth the exorbant $34 buck I had to freakin pay for it.

The Magnificant Seven is also excellent, for a Hollywood appropriation. You have to love Yul Brynner head

icecreamdisco

HSC
seven samurai is one of the best films ever made. i saw it on the big screen at the Chauvel in sydney and i can say that seeing it on the small screen doesn't do it justice.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I don't know how you could say the Lone Wolf and Cub chronicles top other samurai films. I mean they're not bad.. but I honestly can't think of a single samurai film that I didn't like better.. yes, even Last Samurai.

e.g. Kurosawa samurai films- Seven Samurai, Ran, Kagemusha, Yojimbo.. etc.
Zatoichi
Twilight Samurai
Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai

Just off the top of my head.

HSC
the last samurai could have been a great movie is that coit Tom Cruise didn't star in the damn thing.
i HATE Tom Cruise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)