long distance relationships - do they work?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
It doesnt even have to be sexual touch, even smell would probably do. Actually you guys are right, I'm a very physical person, can't do anything about it, might as well embrace it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, I currently have a long distance relationship. This chick I'm dating lives in hunters hill and I live in Edgecliff. Really can't imagine it lasting long due to the physical distance :(

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Mind the pun.
SHAMELESS PLUG: That alone has convinced me to use your essay checking services.

FOCUS: Long distance relationships = No sex. Make up your own mind accordingly.

Men:Can you really handle that whiny bizzatch over the phone without getting any in return?

Women: Don't you miss his masculine hugs, and find his distant attitude over the phone when you're "complaining about your best friend Stacy who just HAD to sleep with John, but didn't tell Trish about it, before going down on" ... just so disconcerting?

Gay people: Doesn't complaining about how you can't be married over the phone give you the shits?
stazi said:
Yeah, I currently have a long distance relationship. This chick I'm dating lives in hunters hill and I live in Edgecliff. Really can't imagine it lasting long due to the physical distance :(
Lol, Hunter's Hill. That's so far from any decent, reliable, 24 hour public transport system.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Gay people: Doesn't complaining about how you can't be married over the phone give you the shits?.
BAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH!!! gold.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Lol, Hunter's Hill. That's so far from any decent, reliable, 24 hour public transport system.
Yeah it's not even that.
What's the distance b/w edgecliff and hunter's hill? Maybe 15-20km? Can you imagine how long that would take to walk? Especially if you only have one leg.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
long distance relationships can work if you put in the effort for them.

plus in mine i've gotten to see him lots over the past few weeks and its only a month until i'm living up in sydney again :):)

and we have a thing where we try to see each other at least once a week (extreme uni work and his work permitting)

arrested development
HSC
OMG my new pretend boyfriend lives in Brisbane. ;__ ;

Poor Zoe. :(

shyr

HSC
long distance relationship needs a lot of effort. you have to keep all communication lines open, trust your partner, and be open to talk about things that bother you. its not impossible.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
stazi said:
Yeah it's not even that.
What's the distance b/w edgecliff and hunter's hill? Maybe 15-20km? Can you imagine how long that would take to walk? Especially if you only have one leg.
Fucken you have five of them.

Stop complaining.

Your mother has a wooden leg.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
stazi said:
the one about you not being such a dumdum?
dude, that was at the end of 2004! i've had a 2 week fling & a 13 (and counting) month relationship since then. i'm not a dumdum anymore, i got over that stage 2 years ago.....you're the dumdum for trying to walk from edgecliff to hunters hill :p

davin

HSC
N/A
I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months, and he's currently living 500km away. That's long distance.

As for it working - I guess it depends on how much you trust and know each other. Trust is a really big factor. Depends also on how much you want to be with that person... You could make it work.

As they say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder', but the general concensus is 'long distance sucks'.
12093 km for 2 1/2 years.

and yeah, no one in their right mind ever wants a long distance relationship. they're one of the most damaging types of relationships to put oneself into i think. horrible to try to endure and i don't think theres a way it works, so much as ways you make do.
from my experience, i was never happy with the nature of the relationship, in the sense that i enjoyed long distance. but i would've walked through fire for her.....so the long distance relationship was not, compared to that, that bad.

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
stazi said:
townie?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
alby said:
dude, that was at the end of 2004! i've had a 2 week fling & a 13 (and counting) month relationship since then. i'm not a dumdum anymore, i got over that stage 2 years ago.....you're the dumdum for trying to walk from edgecliff to hunters hill :p
1) no that wasn't then. that was the convo where i told you not to be so gulliable, especially in relation to aj's posts.
2) ...remember that conversation about not being a dumdum. I don't really walk from edgecliff to hunter's hill.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
um.....me n my bf were long distance for a while, now we're engaged.....so you can't really say that it don't work, it just depends on the commitment/trust/love factor. if you're strong, you should be able to handle it.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
sparkl3z said:
um.....me n my bf were long distance for a while, now we're engaged.....so you can't really say that it don't work, it just depends on the commitment/trust/love factor. if you're strong, you should be able to handle it.
HOW SWEET!!!
thats beautiful!!!

coolbluereason

HSC
lol you're really lucky to live that close to her actually....
my boyfriend atm lives on the east coast of America and I'm in Sydney. it's been 4 months since I've seen him and I won't be seeing him again until after my HSC this November.
I think it really depends on how much you like her and also if you trust her. being a romantic, I'd say go for it, it's definitely worth a try
I hope it all goes well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)