Long Distance (1 Viewer)

Muaddib

HSC
Ok, recently I got into a relationship with a girl who then left and went back to her home in Europe.
Now this is someone who I have very very strong feelings for and whom returns those feelings for me. We have already agreed to meet up when I finish school.
Should I a) forget about her and move onto someone else
b) put my feelings for her on hold, go out with other people and meet up after school
or c) stay true to her and keep out of the game for a year while exams go on

Advice people?- ive already made my decision- but i'd be interested in other opinions.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Muaddib said:
Ok, recently I got into a relationship with a girl who then left and went back to her home in Europe.
Now this is someone who I have very very strong feelings for and whom returns those feelings for me. We have already agreed to meet up when I finish school.
b) put my feelings for her on hold, go out with other people and meet up after school

Advice people?- ive already made my decision- but i'd be interested in other opinions.
Well, we're not you. Decisions that we make shouldn't influence yours. If you have already made it, keep it.

A long distance relationship may be difficult to keep, especially at such a young age. I'll tell you what I would do though. If my boyfriend and I were to live in separate countries for a year or two, I would without a doubt remain loyal to him until I can be with him again.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC

ZacG

HSC
Yep, I say b) in that situation. No doubt the favour will be returned.

vintage

HSC
N/A
Xd

choose b ^^ hehe~

ariande

The Don
HSC
I'm in a similar situation, though not as extreme. My boyfriend lives in Tamworth, however I live in Sydney, so I only get to see him once every few weeks, if that. It might be more than that, but for the HSC and my lack of time.

I have something to look forward to though because he is moving to Sydney at the end of this year, or early next year, so if we make it that long then I think it will be worth it.

Go with your gut feeling. If it feels like it isn't working out, then you can explain this to her and I'm sure she'd understand.

HSC
I must admit that I haven't read the whole forum here, so I apologise in advance if I say something someone else has already said. I was just going to share my story...

I live in Penrith, and my ex boyfriend was from Bourke (if you look on a map of NSW, its on the boarder of NSW/QLD and kinda close to SA too) It takes 15 hours to get there by train, and trust me a whole lot longer by car. He then moved to Canowindra (about 6 hours away) and then to Cobbitty (about 1 hour away) and then New Zealand and then Europe. We were together for 17 months and he moved all those times while we were together. It was the hardest relationship I have ever been in, and I don't really want to be in that situation again. I saw him only 20 times in the whole relationship and each time we were with a massive group of people. We spoke on the phone every now and then, and the e-mail side of things was unemotional and meaningless. We broke up, even though we both still had feeling for each other, because we considered the relationship to be pointless. It did not ever feel like I had a boyfriend anymore than a simple title. We once had a beautiful friendship, then we dated and broke up still having feelings but now we hardly talk and when we do, its hard. I would not do it again. It was a waste of 17 months for us.

That's my story.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
how'd you two meet in the first place? sounds pretty hard...only seeing eachother 1-2 times a month

my longest distance was w'gong and chatswood...2hrs on the train was hard enough for me (well he was the one with the problem about that actually). we saw eachother once a week or a fortnight...only lasted for 3months though

HSC
alby said:
how'd you two meet in the first place? sounds pretty hard...only seeing eachother 1-2 times a month

my longest distance was w'gong and chatswood...2hrs on the train was hard enough for me (well he was the one with the problem about that actually). we saw eachother once a week or a fortnight...only lasted for 3months though
we met at a carols by candle light thing near my house. he was driving through on the way to his mums place in victoria and saw it and decided to come down and we started chatting, and decided to exchange numbers and then meet up for the 2nd time after talking on the phone for months and months and started going out then. stupid, stupid, pointless relationship!!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
How old are you? And have you and this girl actually been together as a couple? And for how long were you together (if at all?). Personally, I think that long distance relationships are a bit pointless, to me they are just like the 'relationships' people had in year 7 and 8: you have the title, but thats about it. Its a lot of hard work and dedication, especially if you're going to meet up when you finish school, so at the earliest, it will be at the end of this year (if you're doing the HSC now). You're only young, and while you may have strong feelings for this girl, I can assure you you'll have feelings that are just as strong for other people throughout your lifetime. There is no need to put your life, and other potential relationsips on hold at such a young age, and I doubt she will either. If you're meant to be together, you'll get together when you finish school... So really, there is no real reason to make yourself make a hard and fast decision about something so far off into the future. Just play your life by ear; if you keep in contact with this girl then great, but if you dont, and nothing ever eventuates, at least you wont be bitter about putting your life on hold for some random girl.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Option B is a bit :|

I mean you wouldn't go up to your wife whose on overseas work duties and say "This gives us the oppurtunity to see other people and when you come back I'll be here for you".

In any case you would go A or C, but thats just me and my opinion would vary depending on the situation.

The fact is your still in school so it probably wont make much of a difference.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
pantha-princess said:
we met at a carols by candle light thing near my house. he was driving through on the way to his mums place in victoria
why drive all the way from the top of nsw to vic? not easier to get a flight from say coolangatta or something?

cabanaboy21

HSC
Muaddib said:

long distance relationships never worked... seems like your stuck on a sinking ship that will never work...

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Good luck!

Well I'm currently in a long distance relationship...about 3 hours drive from each other...and we both can't drive :(

I think I coped well with the distance but he didn't so he wanted an open relationship and I agreed... When I'm done with the HSC I think I'll be able to see him more often w/out the exams getting in the way all the time

So if you're willing to put your feelings on hold (make sure she does too), tell your girlfriend first whether it is ok before you do anything. But if she's not cool with that, go with what your heart desires...Good luck mate!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
pat the cat said:
long distance relationships never worked... seems like your stuck on a sinking ship that will never work...

i don't agree...... :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
been there done that. u.s -> australia (about 2.5 years all together). it'll work if you want it to work bad enough, but it's inevitably going to be a frustrating experience being separated for so long. Quite possibly you'll both just drift apart from each other during that time.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
Lundy said:
been there done that. u.s -> australia (about 2.5 years all together). it'll work if you want it to work bad enough, but it's inevitably going to be a frustrating experience being separated for so long. Quite possibly you'll both just drift apart from each other during that time.
Communication is the key...and also sending heaps of surprises...if theres enough strength and trust within the relationship, it can work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)